Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Kerala User Group/WikiSangamotsavam 2018
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. WikiSangamotsavam is an Annual Conference of Wikimedia editors of Malayalam Community and Wikimedia aspirants of the state with experienced wikimedians of Kerala and other Indian languages. This year Wikimedians of Kerala User Group resolved to conduct a month long celebration of 16th B'day of Malayalam WIkipedia from 2018 December 21 to 2019 January 21. The main event - WikiSangamotsavam - 2018 (in Malayalam Wikipedia) will take place on 2019 January 19, 20 and 21 at Kodungallur in Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Socialize with community members
- 14 Wikipedia editors are already registered for the event. A total 50 Wikimedians, 50 new editors, 50 supporting members are expected to participate in three days seminars, classes and interactive sessions. Participation from Tamil, Kannada Wikipedia community is also expected
- Organize a community project
- In this annual meeting we have a plan to start a project to write all the cultural heritage monuments connected with Muziris Heritage Project. We have a plan to install QR codes in front of the monuments and historc places in and around Kodungallur, the hosting city which will direct to wikipedia articles of the same.
- Recruit new editors
- We are planning a series of workshops with schools, colleges, libraries and other organizations to train new editors.
- Increase skills for existing editors
- It is planned to include some sessions such as template creation, Gadgets, Wikidata, Bots, editing through tools to boost the capacity of existing wikimedia editors in the event. It is expected that after these workshops we can have a team of good experienced editors to drive the community.
- Add or improve content
- More contents on Thrissur district shall be added to Malayalam Wikipedia. Also we are planning to improve articles related to Muziris and Kodungallur in connection with Muziris Heritage Project. We are planning edit-a-thons that last for a month to add more content into wikipedia about places and monuments in Thrissur District and Central Kerala. This will be the next iteration of the project Ente Gramam(My Village).
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- This meeting have following purposes
- Increase number active contributors in Malayalam Wikipedia Community
- Create space for direct interaction of community members
- Increase quality and quantity of Malayalam Wikipedia contents on Thrissur District of Kerala, South India where event takes place. Also create Good Articles about the monuments related to Muziris Heritage Project.
- Introduce Wikidata to Malayalam Wikipedia Community and add more Malayalam content into Wikidata.
- Increase social awareness on Wikipedia
- This meeting have following purposes
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Through the previous Wikisangamotsavams, strength and coherence of Malayalam Wikipedia has been increased.
- Community has been empowered with more active participants
- Quality and Quantity of Malayalam Wikipedia contents Increasing
- Malayalam Wikipedia getting more outreach within the state and society
- The principle of freedom of Knowledge and social awareness on it Increased
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Our planning for the event started with a project page in Malayalam Wikipedia it Wikisangamothsavam-2018
- By using social media and mailing lists we are inviting participants.
- We already have a series of events held at Thrissur district of Kerala.
- We are using regional newspapers, visual media and social media to publish news about the event to attract more newcomers.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- After the event we are conducting series of online edit-a-thons in various topics to engage new comers.
- Conducting small events to help the new editors and clear the difficulties
- We are also planing to make Kodungallur Municipality the city where the Wikisangamotsavam took place as a QR Pedia City.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Wiki Sangmaotsavam is a famous annual meet-up of Malayalam Wiki Community which regularly conducted since 2011. This year we have a good planning for annual meet-up of the community, with the participation from other neighborhood language communities as well.We have scheduled the program and moved ahead with its organizational activities and related outreach programs.
- We formed an organising committee in 8th December 2018 for the event to raise fund by finding various sponsorships from local institutions and from Muziris Heritage Project.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants 150
- Number of people who will help organize the event 30
- Number of workshops planned 10
- Number of online events 3
- Number of special events 4 such as Wikijalayathra (Sight seeing boating through Musiris Heritage Sites) , Wiki Vidyarthi Sangamam (WIki Students Meet-up), Wiki Yuva Sangamam (Wiki Youth Meet-up), Photo Walk through Musiris Heritage Sites
Assumed Exchange Rate: 1 US$ = 71.99 INR (As on 12/12/2018)
|Wikisangamotsavam 2018 Budget|
|FAT||1||18th Jan 2019||Dinner||30||6000||83.34||200||Preconference Day Evening Dinner|
|FAT||2||18th Jan 2019||Accommodaion||15||15000||208.36||1000||Preconference Day Stay for 30 Wikimedians 15 Rooms in twin sharing basis|
|FAT||3||19th Jan 2019||Breakfast||30||3000||41.67||100||Conference Day 1 Breakfast for 30 Wikimedians|
|FAT||4||19th Jan 2019||High Tea and Snacks||150||3750||52.09||25||Conference Day 1 Morning Tea for 150 Participants|
|FAT||5||19th Jan 2019||Lunch||150||45000||625.09||300||Conference Day 1 Lunch for 150 Participants|
|FAT||6||19th Jan 2019||High Tea and Snacks||150||3750||52.09||25||Conference Day 1 Evening Tea for 150 Participants|
|FAT||7||19th Jan 2019||Dinner||50||10000||138.91||200||Conference Day 1 Dinner for 50 Wikimedians|
|EFM||8||19th Jan 2019||Auditorium||2||25000||347.27||12500||2 Auditorium for Conference Day 1 Sessions|
|FAT||9||19th Jan 2019||Accommodaion||25||25000||347.27||1000||Conference Day 1 Stay for 50 Wikimedians 25 Rooms in twin sharing basis|
|FAT||10||20th Jan 2019||Breakfast||50||5000||69.45||100||Conference Day 2 Breakfast for 50 Wikimedians|
|FAT||11||20th Jan 2019||High Tea and Snacks||150||3750||52.09||25||Conference Day 2 Morning Tea|
|FAT||12||20th Jan 2019||Lunch||150||45000||625.09||300||Conference Day 2 Lunch for Participants|
|FAT||13||20th Jan 2019||High Tea and Snacks||150||3750||52.09||25||Conference Day 2 Evening Tea|
|FAT||14||20th Jan 2019||Dinner||30||6000||83.34||200||Conference Day 2 Dinner for 30 Wikimedians|
|EFM||15||20th Jan 2019||Auditorium||1||15000||208.36||15000||1 Auditorium for Conference Day 2 Sessions|
|FAT||16||20th Jan 2019||Accommodaion||15||15000||208.36||1000||Conference Day 2 Stay for 30 Wikimedians 15 Rooms in twin sharing basis|
|FAT||17||21st Jan 2019||Breakfast||30||3000||41.67||100||Travel Day Breakfast for 30 Wikimedians|
|FAT||18||21st Jan 2019||Lunch||30||9000||125.02||300||Travel Day Lunch for 30 Wikimedians|
|FAT||19||21st Jan 2019||Wiki Backwater Journey||40||35000||486.18||875||Backwater Trip cost|
|EFM||20||--||Miscellaneous expense||1||10000||138.91||10000||Local Travel, Local publicity and other expenses|
|Total amount requested from this grant||143500||1985.61|
|Amount from other sources of funding||143500||1985.61||Local Sponsorships, CIS-A2K|
- Support it will be a great wiki event in kerala. Strongly support --Mujeebcpy (talk) 18:39, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- SupportAkbarali (talk) 18:46, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support-Manojv101 (talk) 04:16, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Ambadyanands (talk) 05:38, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Kannan Talk 06:42, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support For the Annual conference and the related online and offline events in association with WikiSangamotsavam Jinoytommanjaly (talk) 15:03, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Kannan Shanmugam (talk) 14:49, 15 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support- Sai K shanmugam (talk) 14:50, 15 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support-Adv.tksujith (talk) 01:23, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support-N Sanu / എന് സാനു / एन सानू 03:47, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support Netha Hussain (talk) 14:47, 19 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support -Adv.tksujith (talk) 01:38, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support -Hacksk (talk) 09:09, 30 December 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer i would like to volunteer wikisamgamolsavam. co ordinate events and takes classes and workshops Mujeebcpy (talk) 05:08, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I can help conducting classes and workshops. Kannan Talk 06:46, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I can help as a facilitator in graphic designing (Inkscape) workshops.
N Sanu / എന് സാനു / एन सानू 03:53, 17 December 2018 (UTC)