Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content from all events concerning AFCON 2021
- Recruit new contributors (amators and professionals)
- Engage existing contributors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- It is planned that amateur photographers and accredited professional photographers can take photos in the various stadiums and outside the stadiums to have all the content around AFCON 2022. There will be upload sessions in four towns (Garoua, Yaounde, Douala and Buea); It is the mayor where tournament will be playing.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- These will be images and if possible videos.
This project is a priority because AFCON is a competition that attracts curiosities and several well-known people with articles participate in different fields.
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Communication is mainly based on social networks such as Whatsapp and Twitter
4. How will you let participants know about the photowalk? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We started to invite amateur and professional photographers to take pictures of the different axes of AFCON including the opening ceremony, the first mach, the fan-zones and the different stadiums.
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- We urged photographers not to post their images elsewhere.
Also, motivation is provided for those who will take photos and freely donate them to Wikimedia.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Professional photographers have them and amateurs who do not will be encouraged more on the interest of having professional tools for the next activities or campaigns.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is an good opportunity to obtain photos about this tournament.
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 25
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: +250
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: +100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have old contributors who are professional photographers and winner of some campaign organized. We would engaged a staff of communication which could help us about communication.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Item Quantity Unit Cost (FCFA) Total cost (FCA) Total (USD) Transport for Participants (amateurs/passionate) 15 10000 150000 258.62 Transport of Professional Photographers 10 25000 250000 431.03 Accomodation Trainers 8 10000 80000 137.93 Transport Yagoua - Garoua 1 15000 15000 25.86 Transport Garoua - Yaounde 1 25000 25000 43.10 Transport Yaounde - Douala (A/R) 1 20000 20000 34.48 Transport Douala - Buea (A/R) 1 15000 15000 25.86 Transport Yaounde - Yagoua 1 30000 30000 51.72 Hébergement Towns 15 10000 150000 517.24 Venue (event room) per town 4 25000 100000 172.41 Snack and Food for participants per town 4 35000 140000 60.34 Covid 19 tools 4 10000 40000 68.97 Internet 4 30000 120000 206.90 Communication (press, blogs, social networks) 1 100000 100000 172.41 Imprevus 1 50000 50000 86.21 Bank fees 1 26600 26600 45.86 Total: 1300000 $2,350
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!