Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will organize one edit a thon, on 25 November. We are planing to do a series of edit a thons or workshops but this grant is just for current event.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We have already started the promotion in Albanian Wikipedia social media page: https://www.facebook.com/events/317957492011908/,
we have published it in Albanian Wikipedia mailing list: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-sq/2017-November/000222.html and also at sq.wikipedia.org where we also will do the documenting part: https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Takime/Wikimedia_diversity_editathon
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we do have experienced Wikipedians like:
Greta / user: Margott and Jona / user: Jona Rizvanolli. Also participants who have already confirmed their participation are relatively experienced Wikipedians. We do expect new participants who are interested on editing Wikipedia/ Wikidata.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will use English Wikipedia articles to translate. Generally participants of this event have good English knowledge therefore the translations process will not be an obstacle.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We are planning to have a follow-up event of this edit-a-thon by doing a small workshop in the beginning of the next year. Also at the documentation page we will have sessions only for people who have difficulties on editing after the event, so we will support anyone who will seek for support.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of participantsː at least 10 participants
- Number of of articles created or improvedː 10+ new articles. 100+ created and improved
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)ː 5+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- no we do not have other support
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!