Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia UG Nigeria/Wiki Loves Earth/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes, we met our goals and we are happy to surpass our targets.
Please report on your original project targets.
|If at least 20 people participates
|over 100 people participated
|If at least 500 images are uploaded to Wikimedia Common
|724 images were uploaded
|If two months after the contest, 75 (and 15%) of uploaded images are used on wiki projects
|over 75% of the images contributed has been used on wiki
|see the link to view the usage
[Images from Wiki Loves Earth in Nigeria 2017]
|if at least 20 natural sites are photographed
|over 50 natural sites were photographed
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The advertisement about the contest really worked well and the lesson learned from Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 in Nigeria was really helpful
- The timely receipt of fund from WMF
- What did not work so well?
- Securing a space for Edit-athon really didn't worked well as we under-budgeted for a space. It was difficult to get a cheaper space for the Edit-athon
- We outsourced some of our activities to vendors that are specialized in the concerned sector. e.g Tourist guard . Therefore, we are able to focus on other area of the project.
- What would you do differently next time?
We would ensure to inquire about cost of space prior to budgeting. In addition, we would ensure to sum up our budget correctly
Anything else edit
Anything else you want to share about your project?
We under budgeted for some major elements of our budget eg Hiriing of Vehicle , hence we were made to task some key member of our team to augment the difference.
Grant funds spent edit
|Hosting of Editathon ( Venue)
|Car Hire for Photo Walk
|Not Receipted , Awardee to sign Expenses Sheet
|Not receipted but recipient signed for the money received
|Hiring of Projector, Light Refreshment.Alternative Power Supply
- Total cost of project
1942.73 USD / 611475 NGN
Remaining funds edit
Do you have any remaining grant funds?