Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add content about human rights, environmental health and diverse communities impacted by environmental issues around the world into Swahili Wikipedia
- Recruit new editors to join us
- Engage existing editors to participate in this engaging project in Tanzania
- Use this opportunity to discusss and create awareness about Human rights topics in Tanzania
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This will be a one-month long contest on adding content related to human rights, environmental health, and diverse communities impacted by environmental issues around the world into Swahili Wikipedia
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will use our social media platforms (Telegram group, facebook page, Instagram page and Twitter), Wikimedia Tanzania meta page. Additionally, we have talked to the members about this during our recent Wiki Loves Africa launchinge events in our country.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding.
- The winners will be judged based on 1.Quality of articles created 2. Quality of their articles translations 3. Length of the articles created/translated (number of bytes) 4. Quality of Wiki articles based on Wiki writing skills such as the use of images and categories.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- For all articles that will have no photos the article writers will be taught to visit the Wikicommons categories and urge them to use those photos to improve the Human rights related Swahili articles.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We will have hybrid events (both online and in-person events.)
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- #WikiForHumanRights campaign in Tanzania is one of the important topics that most people have an interest in, hence we are happy to host this campaign again this year as its articles are very important for people to understand and know their human rights and join the global efforts of educating people about the importance of preserving environments.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: For writing contests:
- Number of participants=Atleast 50 (for an both an inperson and online events)
- Number of articles created or improved= At least 200
- Number of new participants=atleast 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have a team of at least six active editors, event organizers, and mentors.
- Antoni Mtavangu-Trainer and Project Manager
- [[User:Aneth David (SLU)|Aneth--Project moderator
- sw:User:Belinda makoye-Community engagement facilitator
- Otto Nyongole-Online Mentorship Lead
- Clement Makangabila-Onwiki impact evaluator
- Clement Makangabila-Online events manager
- Amne Dauda-Online events facilitator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Awards 200USD (85USD, 65USD and 50USD gift vouchers for 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners respectively)=200USD
- Internet support to participants for the online calls, online training, and during Wikipedia editing 10USD@50=500 USD
- Equipment rentals at least 5 laptops for at least 2 weeks =500 USD
- Coordination and Communication and among the facilitators & emergency,& Bank rates)=300 USD
- Logistics Transport and follow up4@70USD = 280USD
- Supplies(stickers, mugs,gifts,certificates)=210USD
- Souvenirs(gift) for at least 3-5 judges who will be selected to judge the articles produced during the contest to get the top 3 winners)=200
- Online tools or services (subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion)=170 USD
- Venue=400 (for 2 in-person events)
- Food, Snacks, and drinks: 8USD@30=240USD
- COVID-19 precaution measures: 100USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!