Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Nigeria Foundation/Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in Nigeria
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
- To engage new and existing members of the community
- To increase or improve images on Wikimedia Commons
- To add freely licensed, and quality images of Nigeria monuments to Wikimedia Commons
- To increase the number of contributors to Wikimedia Commons
- To recruit new contributors to Wikimedia Commons
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on freely licensed and high quality images of Nigeria Monuments, that will be contributed to Wikimedia Common for free usage.
- Images of Nigeria monuments, archaeological sites, and cultural heritage are not adequately covered on Wikimedia Common. This contest is an opportunity to contribute high quality images of these monuments, archaeological sites, and cultural heritage to Wikimedia Common.
- It help increase the awareness of Wikimedia projects
- The workshop under this projects will help to correct wrong impression about Wikimedia movements in Nigeria
- It will help to introduce the basis of Wikimedia Common and Wikimedia projects to many Nigerians
- It will help to increase the number of contributors to Wikimedia Common and other Wikimedia projects
- It will help to increase the number of Nigeria-related contents on Wikimedia Common
- The contest will help to establish a long term relation with professional photographers
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- There would be a social media campaign for the contest and one-on-one campaign. There would be a publication about the contest on our website, Newspapers and blogs
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- There would be a panel of jury which will consist of notable photographers, photo-journalists and experienced Wikimedians.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- There would be an edit-at-thon that would focus on using the images on Wikipedia.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: For photo contests:
- If at least 30 people participate
- If at least 800 images are uploaded to Wikimedia Common
- If two months after the contest, 200 (and 25%) of uploaded images are used on wiki projects
- If at least 20 natural sites are photographed
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Olaniyan Olushola: Contest Organizer, project and Project will oversee all the activities of the Project
- User:Kaizenify: professional photographer and will coordinate the jury process. He will also mobilize professional photographer to participate
- User:T Cells: Online Support and Technical Manager.
- User: Mahveotm: Workshop facilitator and online support
- User:Jamie Tubers: Online support
- User:Agbalagba: Logistics manager
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Below you can find the estimated project budget for the planning and execution of the Wiki Loves Earth in Nigeria 2019 on the basis of Event, outreach and prize distribution.
|Item Description||Nr. of Units||Unit Price||Total Costs||Notes|
|Main Prize||1||341.81 USD||341.81 USD||Winning photos (winner)|
|Total Prizes Costs||341.81 USD|
|Hall Rent (Venue)||1||262.29 USD||262.29 USD||Hall rental for contest lunching in Lagos.|
|Food & Beverages||30||8.19 USD||245.70 USD||Conference catering (Including tea and snacks)|
|Backdrop, printing and other stuff regarding event||150 USD||Banner at venue, Flex print, Stationery and name tag|
|Total costs of lunching||657.99 5USD|
|Total cost of project||1000 USD|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!