Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Ghana User Group/Wikipedia Day 2017 - Meeting and Celebration
- Using Wikipedia's recent Wikipedia Day 2017 as a theme for socializing for community members
- The event will also invite guests (STRATEGICALLY) whom the group deems as influencers and by spending time with us, can go back to their communities with an understanding of what Wikipedia and the Ghanaian community is about.
1. What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- The meeting will start off with a presentation about Wikipedia and broaden into our community affairs.
- Food, networking, downloading of Wikipedia app and creating accounts for all first timers
2. If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
3. How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Participants who are returning members will be informed via the user group’s Whatsapp group and mailing list
- Invited guest will be sent emails
4. How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Members already benefit from our community engagement
- Guests as said are carefully chosen because of partnerships and we will engage them based on the partnerships we have in mind.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Tentative invited guests/influencers
- An executive from Blogging Ghana (BloggingGhana (BloGh) is a group of bloggers and social media users writing out of Ghana or the Ghanaian experience. It is also an aggregator website that collects the latest posts and tweets from our members.It is registered non-profit organization with a executive council working towards its objectives.)
- An invited person from Impact Hub Accra.
- Member of Wikimedia Arabic who is currently in town
- OFWA leaders
- An executive from iSpace
- An executive from new media hub
- An executive from Barcamp/ Barcamp Accra
- People from any other open project
- Number of total participants - 25 (10 guests / 15 members)
- Number of people who will help organize the event - 3
This event will be primarily organized by Georgina Ofori-Dwumfuo; with help from two volunteers.
- Cost of venue – GHS200 = $45.70
- Food and drinks - GHS30 * 25 people – GHS750 = $171.39
- Cost of transportation for organisers – GHS30*3 - GHS90 = $20.57
- Token for photographer whom we can't pay but at least pay for their transportation – GHS30 = $6.86
- GIfty Adomako Ansah Endorse the grant proposal and will be present for the Wikimedia Ghana User Group/Wikipedia Day 2017 meeting and celebration. Thank you
- Justice Okai-Allotey Endorse this grant proposal I think its a great opportunity to get a great deal of word out on what Wikipedia is all about.
- Sandister Tei I am in
- Marian Clara Adeaba I endorse the grant proposal and I believe the meeting and celebration will enable us bond and learn from ourselves more.