Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania/ Afrocine 2019 Editathon
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Provide and Increase skills for new and existing editors
- Increase awareness of Afrocine project in Tanzania
- Recruit new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are going to do one editathon along with a small follow up session to perfect the results obtained during the main editathon.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will use our social media pages (Facebook and WhatsApp ) as well as meta page to notify the participants.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. We have at least 5 experienced editors to facilitate the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some of them are experienced editors while others are intermediate and others are totally new.Before the editing session there will be a general brief training on how Wikipedia is edited and how articles are created, then we will let the newbies to seat next to the experienced ones to allow transition of skills during editathon. As well we will ask participants to come with their laptops.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will create a form for contacts collection for further interaction as well we will ask the participants to like our pages and join our social media groups for follow up and updates.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Afrocine project is of important to be done in Tanzania as it will help to add and improve cinema related content which is one of the topics that is somehow less covered on Wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events =1
- Number of participants =35
- Number of new editors =5
- Number of of articles created or improved =At Least 20
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Antoni Mtavangu-Project Manager
- Paul Mandele-Event Organizer
- Alfredina Manila-Project Moderator
- Clement Makangabila-Project Facilitator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food, snacks and drinks 40 people @8USD =320
- Internet 1@30USD=30 USD
- Stationery 1@50USD=50 USD
- Local Transport 1@315=315 USD
- Branding (Banner) 1@100=100 USD
- Prize (T-shirts) 5@6=30 USD (The top 3 prize will be given considering well referenced article, long or shortness of an article, quality of language used along with its writing structure as per NPOV Wikipedia rule and the 2 position will be judged following general Activeness during the event).
- Long distance transport with Accommodation 3@60USD=180 USD
- Event Facilitation(camera and projector rent,communication,emergency,Logistics & Bank rates )1@200USD=200USD
- TOTAL=1225 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!