Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community User Group Botswana Celebration (Recognition of being a User group)
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Using WCUBW affiliate approval as a theme for socializing with community members.
- Organize a community project
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- The meeting will start off with a presentation about Wikipedia and broaden into our community affairs, food, networking, downloading of Wikipedia app and creating accounts for newbies.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Not Applicable
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Participants will be notified through Watts-app group, Wikimedia Botswana website and mailing list
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Members will benefit from our community engagement
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Invited member from the Botswana Innovation Hub Mrs Easther Yane
Employee from Botswana Telecommunications Corporation, Mr Masunga</br< People from any other open project
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants : 30 including guests
- Number of people who will help organize the event : 3
Cost of venue = $200
Food and drinks = $18 * 30 people = $540
Cost of transportation (locally) for organisers = $20*3 = $60