Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimédien du Bénin User Group/The AfroCine Project Benin 2019
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve African cinema-related content, especially Beninese cinema-related, and participate to The Months of African Cinema Contest.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We plan to do one training session and one editathon
- A workshop will be held in Abomey-calavi (Benin) for 20 participants with focus on Afrocine contest, on October 19th.
- An Editathon, based on the list of Benin Article Suggestions will be held in Abomey-Calavi (Benin), with 20 editors, on October 26th.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We'll use our social media accounts and pages
- We'll also use our messengers groups
- We'll finally use advertisement on news website.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Within the 20 participants, we'll have 10 new editors and 10 who have already attended previous training. These last attendees will help the news comers, under the supervision of the trainers. The participants will bring their computers to the sessions. We'll also be able to get computer in the venue location.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After the events, we'll offer the participants, the opportunity to join our user group Wikimédien du Bénin User Group. We'll also keep in touch with them in order to share our future informations and opportunities with them. Monitoring their efforts, we'll encourage them in contributing and improving their Wikimedia editors skills.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We'll translate some contents for our Fon Wikipedia incubator project. After the contest, our project in mean term is to launch a Beninese cinema portal on french wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 2
- Number of participants : 20
- Number of new editors : 10
- Number of articles created or improved : 20
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) : 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- During the event, participants will benefit from the assistance and mentoring of 2 experienced Wikimedians.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue : $100 x 2 = $200
- Drinks and Snacks : $50 x 2 = $100
- Internet & Phone : $50 x 2 = $100
- Social Media (Promotion) : $20 x 2 = $40
- Tee-shirts (for best editors) : $7.5 x 5 = $37.5
- Contingency fund for unforeseen expenses : 10% of amount requested = $47.5
- Total amount requested : $525 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!