Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikidata of Public and Private Primary Schools in Nigeria
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 3 Series of trainings and editathons
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed the WUGN community discussion page here
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will share on the Whatsapp group created for participants of Wikipedia 20 celebration at Badagry musueum and on facebook groups that I am in. I will also share through my Whatsapp Status.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants have either laptops or mobile devices and are computer literate.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- WhatsApp and google meet will be used to continue engagement even after the event. I will continue to attach participants in groups to experienced editors to serve as mentors. Each week the mentors will be rotated for each group.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Participants will be trained on editing and creating items on Wikidata.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 5
- Number of of articles created or improved: 500+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Space Rental: $200 x 3 events = $600
- Food and Drinks: $10 x 30 X 3 events = $900
- Universal Router rental: $25 x 3 events = $75
- Data subscription on router: $50 = $50
- Branded Shirts for top 3 contributors: $15 x 3 = $45
- Branded nose mask: $1 x 30 = $30
- Pocket hand sanitizers: $1 x 30 = $30
- Internet subscription on participants devices for post event engagement and editing: $8 x 30 = $240
Total = $1,970
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!