Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This contest is mainly focusing on article creation and development. It is a writing contest aimed at improving articles related to monuments and sites.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will use talk pages, Whats-app and telegram and other social media platforms
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- There is a local jury of 2 people who will be selected. The Jury will help check/ trace good articles and the chosen winners will be awarded with prizes.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We collect images (take photos at selected sites, upload them to wikimedia commons), the images collected will be used and be added to articles. We will create stub articles for/ improve existing ones.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We are planning to run online activities, less than 10 people will be taking photos in selected sites.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are organizing a writing contest for monuments and sites.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of articles created or improved : 60 or more
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Project budget table
|Category||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Communication outreaches||1||$300||$300||Use of social media platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram,Twitter) for advertising the contest with an aim of reaching out so many people.|
|Internet data||Individual photo upload and writing||1||$100||$100||Internet data will be provided to allow photo upload sessions to be done on an individuals basis and this will be covered for 30 participants|
|Online opening and closing ceremony||30||$18||$540||We shall need this to facilitate internet to all participants and the jury together with the organizing team for an online closing ceremony. We are anticipating to cover this for 30 participants.|
|Camera Rental||5||$28||$140||cameras will be hired to enhance the quality of pictures to be taken|
|Certificates||30||$10||$300||This will act as an appreciation & recognition to everyone who will have participated in WLM|
|Prizes||1||$355||$355||Awards to be given to the top 3 in terms of vouchers worthy 355$ (1st),200$(2nd),100$, and the (3rd)55$|
|Jury gifts||2||$90||$180||Voucher gifts will be given to the judges in form of appreciations.|
|Total: USD 1,915|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!