Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community? Photographs of monuments in Saudi Arabia
2. How will you let people know about the contest? Social media, public banners, press release.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Visual appeal
Prizes: First place $150, second place $100, and third place $50
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects? A group of Wikipedians will go through the list of photos, and use them in relevant articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 36
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 229 photo
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 8
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Expense||Count||cost/unit (USD)||total cost (USD)||Notes|
|Money transfer costs||20||(estimate)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!