Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This Initiative will be carried out by planning 3 training/edithathons during this project. It is going to be an Online event where we will conduct training on a the First session to help new participants to get up to speed on editing of Wikipedia articles.
- Second will be edith-a-thon session which willb be done through out the week. We will emphasize the importance of editing to address issues of knowledge equity in terms of both content gaps and lack of citation on Nigeria stubs and articles.
- Third Session: Will be an introduction to Wikiquote with a practical example of how to contribute to the project
We will make use of online platforms such as Telegram and Google meet to carry out this training. WikiActivate online platform (Telegram) will be use to follow up and answer questions from participants.
The main goal of this project is skills transfer, train new participants and improve Nigeria stubs on citation imbalance, Cities and Schools during this Yuletide. We will also introduce both Old and new editors to Wikiquote
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We have an already existing WikiActivate Telegram group where we will inform existing wikipedians and we will also run a Facebook and Twitter ad to notify new interested participant
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
Telegram: Telegram group
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Participants will use their personal laptop through out the course of the events. We will ensure that participants are assisted with Data subscription to enable them practice and contribute during the edith-a-thon.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
I expect to have achieved recruitment, training and team building of new editors after this event and intend to follow-up
I expect to have extended my network
I expect new content to be created and improved
With the above mentions in mind, we will continue engaging participants through emails and updates relating to Wikipedia on our telegram group
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- No, This training will be totally online and will not have any offline activities
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- * We are doing something different with this Project as we are training both Old and new editors on how to contribute on Wikiquote which wasn't part of the previous event. Also the main goal of this project is skills transfer, training new participants and improving Nigeria stubs on citation imbalance, Cities and Schools during this Yuletide.
- This event will be solely done online, We will get participants through online promotions to join remotely on Saturdays which are mostly non working days. We'll provide them with Data subscriptions to encourage participation. Also we are planning to host a Twitter Space to discuss the event.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of participants 20
- Number of new editors 5+
- Number of articles created or improved: 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- To Wikimedia Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- To Wikipedia :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- To Wikidata: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Main_Page
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Design of Posters and flyers and certificate : $150
- promotion and branding campaign : $250
- Airtime for Communication between organizers, Reminder calls and SMS to Participants: $60
- Internet support for participants during the events = $450
- Branded tee-shirts for Participants =$100
- Gift Cards: First Prize $120; Second Prize $70; Third Prize $50 = 240
- 7 Miscellaneous and contingency funds = $100
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
Good initiative to grow community.user:Shoodho