Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- This year, The main goal of this project is to add or improve content on Human Rights on the Dagbani Wikipedia since it has gained more attention in the northern region.
- I will use this as a platform to recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about human rights, environmental health and the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on adding and improving content on topics that are related to the “Right to a Healthy Environment” which is the theme of WikiForHumanRights in 2022.Content will be mainly focused on the importance of human rights centered on environmental justice, climate justice, and human wellbeing especially in this era of health hazards due to environmental pollution and climate effects. This is important for the Dagbani Wikimedia user group because it will be an opportunity to create awareness in northern Ghana as this part of the country is always prone to injustices in issues regarding the environment and the climate. It is also an opportunity to create basic content related to the environment and human rights in the Dagbani language Wikipedia, and to enrich content about Ghana on Wikidata.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will invite all editors of the Dagbani Wikipedia to join the writing contest by posting flyers and information regarding the contest on our social media pages and mailing lists. Some of which includes:
- Targeting these groups will facilitate:
- Recruiting people who speak at least one of the 16 Mole-Dagbani languages to participate in the project
- Provide general Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons training for newly recruited editors and experience ones to sharpen their editing capabilities.
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding.
- I will be responsible for tracking the work via the project dashboard. Scoring will then be shown on the contest landing page.This is the scoring system the jury have agreed on:
- one point will be given for each photo added to an article, two points for each new article created, and five points for each 2,000 bytes added.
- Prizes in the form of shopping vouchers will be awarded to the top three scorers, while each participant will receive a certificate of participation
5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- I will collaborate with Moore Wikimedia Community to contribute photos uploaded from the Wiki Loves Earth photo contest 
- All articles must have an image depicting the topic before it will be marked as complete
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- This event will be both online and in-person.
- Link to the Completed Risk Assessment Tool
7. Is there anything else you want t o tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants :20
- Number of items created or improved: 30
- Number of articles created or improved: 30
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Other support
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Dagbani Wikipedia||Highest edit count||500|
|2nd Highest edit count||400|
|Destubbed Dagbani Wikipedia articles||Best contributor||300|
|Other Top Female contributor||Based on the quality of edits||300|
|Item||Details||Unit Ghc||Quantity||Total Ghc|
|Venue||Cost of workspace for in-person workshop||700||1||700|
|Workshop data allowance||Cost of data for in-person workshop.||500||1||500|
|Food and water (workshop)||Cost of food and water for workshop participants||60||20||1200|
|Covid-19 safety equipment||Face mask, Hand sanitisers, liquid soap||n/a||n/a||300|
|Data allowance (contest participants)||We estimate for 20 people to participate in the month-long contest||100||20||2000|
|Prizes||Outlined in the above table||n/a||n/a||1500|
|Wiki souvenirs & certificates||Pull up Banner and stickers||n/a||n/a||1500|
|Tshirts||For participants and team members||35||15||525|
|Bank charges||Transfers and Reimbursement charges||n/a||n/a||200|
|Transportation||Purchase and mailing of shopping vouchers, purchase and delivery of souvenirs||n/a||n/a||600|
|Total (USD) 1 USD = 7.08 Ghc Based on Oanda Exchange (13 March 2022)||1,259.3|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project Sir Amugi (talk) 09:38, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project Munkaila Sulemana (talk) 09:49, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project Musahfm (talk) 10:02, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly support this projectRuky Wunpini (talk) 10:05, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support I strongly endorse this project as it will help to create awareness on human rights in the Northern parts of Ghana Dhee jah (talk) 10:43, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support I Strongly endorse this project Alhassan Mohammed Awal (talk) 19:21, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support I endorse. Shahadusadik (talk) 16:51, 23 March 2022 (UTC)