Grants:Project/Rapid/WM BE/Wiki Loves Public Space 2017/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- YES, the project was very successful.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Add or improve content (photos)
Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 2000+
Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 10%+
|With about 2500 photos this was successful.|
|Recruit new photographers||We have new photographers.||The big question is how to keep people active in our network. Having a photo contest is one part, but more is needed. (Unknown how to continue there.)|
|Engage existing photographers (from previous editions Wiki Loves Monuments and Wiki Loves Art)||We did enable them.||The big question is how to keep people active in our network. Having a photo contest is one part, but more is needed. (Unknown how to continue there.)|
|Having a social event to keep people involved in Wikipedia/Wikimedia||Done! We combined it with a new year's event in a classical building that became public domain on 1 January 2018.||A very successful event that people liked. Planning to do it next year as well.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The photo contest itself
- What did not work so well?
- Workshop Wikipedia had not that much participants.
- Due coinciding personal circumstances of multiple organisers the jury process (etc) was delayed for tree months.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Nothing, what we did went well, for the rest we have little influence on the circumstances.
Grant funds spentEdit
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on. Spend: € 1651.13
- Prizes: € 414.87 (partly from budget part Other/unexpected costs)
- Gifts for jury: € 150.00
- Travel expenses: € 293.26
- Closing event preparations and reception: € 750.00 (partly from budget part Other/unexpected costs)
- Other/unexpected costs: € 43.00
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- YES: € 48.87
Anything else you want to share about your project?