Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill"
Briefly, this budget request if approved will be used to produce merchandises, prizes, and promotional materials for our activities from now until the end of 2019. We are organizing Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wikipedia Asian Month, and meet-ups. The goals of these contests and activities are to add high quality content, recruit new editors, strengthen the community and recruit potential members into our chapter. The duration of this project is only five months as we are planning to apply for sAPG in November 2019. This grant could be the last Rapid Grant we apply as an affiliate.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Like previous years, most of the activities are online. For photo and article contests, tasks of the organizers include setting up and monitoring the meta page, advertisement, communication with juries and winners, production of awards and promotional materials, packing and postage. Education program will take place at Mahidol University. Briefly, students participate in a 10-week Wikipedia editing assignment. The first two weeks comprise of online training. Students will then be assigned article(s) to work on. Over the course of the program, students help each other collaboratively by reviewing each other's work. Feedback is also provided by the instructor and online volunteers on a regular basis. Students participating in the education program are encouraged to attend meetups. In addition to the these activities, we also would like to request financial support for some WMTH board members to travel to Bangkok. As part of the incorporation process, WMTH board members are legally subject to interview by the authority.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Community will be notified about our projects by our existing communication channels including meta page, local Wikipedia, social media, and mailing list. For meetups, if education program students are involved, they will be asked in class to participate. All meetups that are taking place will be published at least a week in advance.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Outcomes of the projects as usual will be measured both quantitatively and qualitatively. Quantitative outcomes include number of participants, people involved, number of uploads and articles improved. Qualitative outcomes will take into account learning points, feedbacks from participants, what works will and what does not work well, etc.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 100 people involved
- Number of articles created or improved: 120 articles
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 3,000 uploads
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
|Number||Category||Item description||Number of units||Cost per unit (THB)||Total cost (THB)||Currency||Notes|
|1||Awards||(1) Voucher prize for 1st-10th winners (1st prize=10,000THB). Awards for 2nd-10th places will be managed when we know the total number of winners.
(2) Trophies and certificates for WLE, WLM, and WAM.
|2 (WLE and WLM)||22,00||44,000||THB||~1,400 USD|
|2||Promotion||(1) Promotional materials (e.g. flyers, posters, postcards, calendars, t-shirts, merchandise, etc.)
(2) Web hosting, online advertisement and other associated costs
|3||Meetups||Meetups (venue and food for about 5-10 volunteers/participants during the course of the project)||3||800||2,400||THB||~100 USD|
|4||Travel support||Domestic travel for Wikimedia Thailand's board members to come to Bangkok for interview as part of the incorporation process.||-||-||6,000||THB||~200 USD|
Total: 2,000USD (~61,400THB)