Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Rebuild awareness of Wikipedia photo contests, in preparation for other contests
- Add freely licensed and quality images of built heritage of Romania to Wikimedia Commons/Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The focus of the content will be on monuments that do not have any image on August 31st. This represents 70% of all monuments and 55% of non-archeological monuments listed. Focusing on non-covered monuments will limit the number of submissions, but will increase the coverage of our list (which is already the best-illustrated online list of monuments of Romania). We will also use the contest to attract audience for other potential contest, such as WLE. This year we have decided to focus on experienced wikipedians to reach out a considerably quantitative and qualitative number of photos uploaded. If any collaboration occurs through the month of contest, we will take it into consideration for next year event. As a low-priority objective, we will experiment with video uploads, although we expect a low turnout due to technical difficulties of uploading videos to Wikimedia Commons.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Mainly through sitenotice, village pump notice and our Facebook accounts WLM and Wikipedia română and WLM Romania Instagram account.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The jury will be comprised of 3 people: a wikipedian and photographer (Alina Vozna) and two wikipedians: Andrei Stroe and CEllen. Depending on the number of uploaded videos, we will consider having a videographer (TBA) in the jury. Prizes will be awarded to all participants as described in the contest organisation below. Each winner will also receive an online participation certificate. The photo criteria will be mostly unchanged and are described on the website.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- The images will be added to the list and to Wikidata by a bot, so they will be available to any wikidata-aware infobox. An online writing contest is planned after the competition. We will encourage the editing community to enrich existing articles and create new ones related to the monuments and to add the pictures to related Wikipedia articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 75
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 3000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 330
- Number of movies (at least 30s length, minimum resolution TBD): 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The contest is organized by CEllen with support from Strainu and we have the commitment from Andrei Stroe and Alina Vozna to participate in the jury. The online writing contest will be coordinated by Codrinb.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Number||Category||Item Description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost (RON)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Contest organization||Prizes||Total||1||3600||3600||853||Gift cards from f64.ro or an equivalent photo shop. Vouchers will be sent via e-mail.
|2||Outreach||Online writing contest||Total||1||500||500||118||Gift cards from f64.ro or an equivalent photo shop. Vouchers will be sent via e-mail.
|3||Contest organization||Domain renewal||Transaction||1||42||42||10||The RoTLD registry introduced new yearly fees since last year. This year we plan to extend the domain for the longest possible period (10 years) so we don't have to handle this every year. The cheapest offer we could find is 7.4€+VAT 19%|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!