Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We will focus on photos of Portuguese monuments that currently do not have photos on Wikimedia Commons. There are currently more than 4700 monuments listed with only 45% (up from 38% from 2019) of them with photos on Wikimedia Commons (c:Commons:Monuments_database/Statistics).
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will use the sitenotice geolocated to Portugal and Village pumps on Portuguese Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata, use Wikimedia Portugal social networks and mailing lists to advertize the contest and the prizes.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Photos will be jugded by a jury using the Montage tool. Prizes will be given to the best three images, and the top 10 will be sent to the international competition.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- From the 2011 edition, we have a 16% rate of use of the uploaded images (). However the list of unused photos currently says that no monuments have photos on Commons that are not used on Wikipedia. This means that perhaps there is some redundancy on the photos currently on commons portraying the same monuments. Our strategy from last year's competition to reward photos from monuments without coverage seemed to attract some dedicated photographers, so will again have a prize for most photos taken of distinct monuments previously without photo on Commons.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will have a special category for monuments built during the Classic Era, in collaboration with the WikiClassics user group.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 2000-3000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 200-400
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The core organizing team consists of DarwIn, Alchimista, Miguelmcorreia and myself. The monuments database has been migrated onto Wikidata and is stable from last years contest. I am currently in the process of importing a new dataset of Monumental Trees hopefully before the contest begins. This should bring renewed interest to the contest, and possibly bring in a diverse type of photographer.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Prizes: Gift cards for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photos, of 600, 400 and 200 euros respectively, plus a special prize of 200€ for the photographer that covers the major number of monuments previously without any photo on Commons.
- Printing of posters of top 10 photographs: 220€ (10 x 21.90€) for 50x75 cm posters 
- Printing of certificates: 20€ for printing certificates for finalists in high quality paper and postages.
- Communication: 50 euros
- Total ammount: 1690 euros.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!