Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
- Possible programme
- Presentation of the contest (For WLA)
- Expedition to en:Tlemcen National Park
- closing ceremony with celebration of local winners (WLE Algeria)
- photo exhibition held in differente meeting
- post contest integration edit-a-thon (Online)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- this year we will promote the protected natural site recognized locally or UNESCO-recognized or biosphere reserve in: List of national parks in Africa: Algeria; The contest will focus on higher quality images and will be licensed Creative Commons uploaded in Wikimedia Commons; The value of this competition is to allow photographers to share their best photos and to discover the Algerian heritage in the world and to allow use under creative commons.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Social Media promotion (FB / Insta / Twitter )
- Photo expedition (1 day)
- Photo Exibition during different events
- Tell a photograh community
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will improve our method by bringing photographers on the natural parks to photograph. we will also keep our winning solutions from previous competitions
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants : 120
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons between: 1000 to 1200
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : 10%
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We Will recieve a support for volonteer from photograph association in Algeria
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (DZD)||Total (DZD)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Social Media promotion||1,00||7 000,00||7 000,00||59,92||Sponsored posts in FB pages|
|2||Expo photo||20,00||750,00||15 000,00||128,40||Printing of best photos (for differents exibitions)|
|3||T-Chirt||30,00||1 600,00||48 000,00||410,88||Print TChirt for expedition and Events|
|4||Break for Ceremony Closing||1,00||4 500,00||4 500,00||38,52||Beverage & Biscuits & Water|
|5||Communications||1,00||3 000,00||3 000,00||25,68||Internet fees & Communications|
|6||Upload session||1,00||6 000,00||6 000,00||51,36||Modem 4 G + 20 Go (the modem is usable for all future events)|
|7||Diploma for winners||25,00||100,00||2 500,00||21,40||for 10 best photos and for Jurys|
|8||Photo Expedition||1,00||25 000,00||25 000,00||214,00||Rent bus For 20 persons (for the total duration of the trip)|
|9||Photo Expedition||20,00||1 000,00||20 000,00||171,20||Sandwich + Water (during photo expedition)|
|10||Awards 1st||1,00||50 000,00||50 000,00||428,00||this year we will offer AlgerianMarkets Vouchers to the winners|
|11||Awards 2nd||1,00||30 000,00||30 000,00||256,80||this year we will offer AlgerianMarkets Vouchers to the winners|
|12||Awards 3rd||1,00||10 000,00||10 000,00||85,60||this year we will offer AlgerianMarkets Vouchers to the winners|
|13||miscellaneous||1,00||19 500,00||19 500,00||166,92||We include (Transportation by Taxi - bus - Fuel For Organizers) during the contest|
|Grand Total||DZD233 500,00||$1 998,76|
referring to the exchange rate of with the site OANDA 10 May
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Algeria is a long-term and successful Wiki Loves Earth participant with multiple photos in the international top-15. Their weakness in previous years was insufficient promotion of nationally and UNESCO-recognised natural heritage sites, thus focusing on this to ensure good coverage of major national sites is highly appreciated. Overall it's a solid project that deserves funding — NickK (talk) 12:07, 11 May 2018 (UTC)