Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- this year 6 arabic country participates in the contest (Algeria · Egypt · Libya · Morocco · Tunisia and Iraq ) we have created a community of organisation in this country's to prepare a small prizes for 3 winners from the arabic world,the main objective of the project is to increase the numbers of users of wikimedia commons around the arab world, the prizes will motivate photographerds to take part of the project wiki loves earth this year,
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We invite new participants around the arabic world to take part of Wiki Loves Earth this year, also we will prepare a list of 10 best photos of WLE in the arabic world and we will give three prizes the best three users.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- we will share this project in the social media every country has a facebook page and a twitter account, and we will use the page of arabic wikipedia this page has more than 100000 in the arabic world
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- we will contact the best users of the event by email (if available) or in the discussion page of wikimedia commons,
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants 100
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) 3000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) 500
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- organizing team
- Reda Kerbouche (Algeria)
- mohammed bachounda (Algeria)
- Kamal Elgazzar (Egypt)
- Mohamed Ramadan (Egypt)
- محمود الراوي (Iraq)
- أسامة سعد (Iraq)
- Olfa Yakoubi (Libya )
- Wikimedia MA User Group (Morocco)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Three prizes 500 usd, 250 usd and 100 usd
- 10 T-shirts for 10 best participants and expense of sending T-shirts (40 usd by T-shirt) 400 usd
- project management and coordination 100 usd
- Great example of cooperation between Arab countries on the common project. Many Arab countries have a significant experience of organising Wiki Loves Earth and have shown great results in the past. This cooperation is an excellent idea and would be a great asset for Wiki Loves Earth — NickK (talk) 09:38, 11 May 2017 (UTC)