Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s) -
- Awareness about Wikipedia - Sessions in campaign will raise the awareness about wikipedia and how to use wikipedia amongst students.
- Engaging new readers- Raising awareness about Wikipedia will ultimately lead to increment in the number of new readers.
We as Agricultural Development trust belong to rural area, having 14 school and colleges under one roof for High school, Undergraduates and Post Graduates Students. There are 10000+ students from different rural places in state. They are somewhat internet friendly but very less aware of Wikipedia and its valuable use. If we could cap this students and educate them about use of wikipedia and its features it will not only create awareness about wikipedia but also help to create availability of information and knowledge for the students in rural area through use of wikipedia.
1. What is your promotion plan? You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- Awareness of Wikipedia is relatively low in our campus.
- We will put up notice on school notice board.
- We will plan introductory season and teach students how to use Wikipedia.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We have 14 school and colleges under one roof for this promotion campaign activities we communicate with this students through text-messages, our website , we display notice to school/college notice board. We invite them to apply for this program and we select 100 students from this applications. These initial students will be first generation leaders who can plan out next activities.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline? Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- No.This is our first project with Wikipedia. but we already arrange two Wikipedia editing workshop for our teachers from our college on 26-june and 30 july 2019 in our campus on our level. Total 56 staff from our college attend this workshop and from last 2 month they have done lot of editing work in different Wikipedia articles.
4. What is your post-promotion plan? What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- Once students are aware of how to use Wikipedia and its availability in their local language i.e. Hindi and Marathi, automatically they will start using wikipedia as source of knowledge and also at the end of workshop we will have small quizzes that could help us to understand how much awareness is created.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are doing a workshops at this time and will plan for next training workshops series of workshops later on, We are also planning a series of wikipedia editing over upcoming months later focused improving articles about various topics.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached - 100
- Number of campaign participants - 100
- Increase in pageviews for a Wikimedia project - Raising awareness about Wikipedia will ultimately lead to increment in the number of new readers.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Agricultural Development Trust (organization based in rural India) will host the project. We have basic institutional setup like -
- Computer systems for training.
- High speed internet connections for all computers.
- Required infrastructure like class rooms , Lcd projector, screen , sound system etc
- Expert Resource persons for training
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Sr No||Item||Description||Cost in INR||Cost in USD|
|1||Student kit (100 quantity)||Wiki logo folder, notepad, pen etc||7000||107|
|2||Merchandise (100 quantity)||Stickers, lanyards etc||5000||80|
|3||Food for 100 people||Full meal for participants||20000||307|
|4||Banner||For event promo, stage etc||2000||32|
|5||Travel||For workshop facilitator||5000||80|
|6||Prizes||DIY Wiki quiz/intro games||3500||55|
|7||Instrument rent||Mike, stand etc||5000||80|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!