Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
The goal of #Descitationsetdesfemmes is to highlight the writings of women authors from Benin in particular and Africa in general. The aim is to reduce the gender bias of the Wikimedia Foundation's projects. The #Descitationsetdesfemmes will bring together 10 participants. These women will highlight books and quotes from women authors. It will take place in 2 phases: the first will be dedicated to training participants on how to contribute and edit on Wikipedia. The second phase will consist of the main part of the work: writing and referencing the quotes from the books of these women authors on Wikiquote. The work will last 12 days, only on Saturdays from May 14th 2022 to July 30th 2022.
- Number of events: 1 in 12 days in Abomey-Calavi
- Location of training: Abomey-Calavi Sèmè
- Schedule: 10am to 3pm
- Number of participants: 10
- Number of new active women editors after the training: between 5 and 10 or more
- Number of citations on wikiquote: 250 citations
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes, we will be supported by User:Ross.Patrick
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most of the participants have the necessary equipment and the room where the activities will take place is well equipped.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- In order to keep people informed and to get the support of the community, we spread #Descitationsetdesfemmes on :
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is innovative in that it wants to make known another project of the Foundation, namely #Wikiquotes in Benin.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- In order to carry out the event, we will need :
|Room rental (12 days)||$ 804.22|
|Lunch break for 13 people for 12 days||$ 914.779|
|Internet bundle (3 months)||$ 150.788|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!