Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- To recruit professional photographers for Wikimedia Commons
- To increase contents on Wikimedia Commons
- To improve contents on English Wikipedia, Yoruba Wikipedia, Igbo Wikipedia and Hausa Wikipedia
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
- To create awareness about Wikimedia projects
Our team of volunteer professional photographers will embark on a Photowalk on June 17 to take high quality images of monuments, architectural buildings, nature reserves, and other landmarks in the 20 local government areas of Lagos State. On June 18 there would be a workshop that would focus on uploading of these Images. The images would be properly described and photographers would be trained on how to uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and categorized them. Experienced editors would be present and ensure that the images collected are used on corresponding articles on Wikipedia.At the end of the events, certificate of participation would be issued to all participants.
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- One photowaks. However, there would be two teams of 20 photographers each. Each team will cover 10 local government areas
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The walk will focus on taking high quality images of monuments, architectural buildings, nature reserves, and other landmarks in the 20 local government areas of Lagos State. This is a priority as many articles of municipalities and local government areas in Lagos has no illustrative images or images that would properly describe them
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- At least 10 experienced editors in Nigeria would participate and on June 18, there would be a special session for the use of images collected
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Below is the session for the workshop
|10:00AM - 10:30AM||Registration||All|
|10:30AM - 10:45AM||Opening remark||User:Olaniyan Olushola (President, Wikimedia Nigeria Foundation)|
|11:00AM - 11:30||Introduction to Wikimedia Commons||User:Kaizenify (Professional photographer and Commons contributor)|
|11:30 Noon - 11:45||Tea break||All|
|11:45PM - 12:15PM||Copyright and Licensing||User:T Cells (License reviewer on Commons and Sysop on Yoruba Wikipedia)|
|12:15pm -12:45PM||How to upload files on Commons||User:Mahveotm|
|12:45PM – 3:00PM||Uploading of images collected||All|
|3:00PM - 3:30PM||Lunch||All|
|3:30PM – 5:45PM||Use of images uploaded on Wikipedia articles||All participants|
|5:45PM - 6:00PM||Votes of thanks||User:Kaizenify|
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- If 50 participants of 40 professional photographers and at least 10 experienced editors of Wikipedia
- If 1000- 1500 photos
- If 250 (at least 25%) of the images collected are used
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Professional Camera and experienced editor
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Budget for photowalks and upload sessionEdit
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Transportation for photographers||2||100,0000||200,000||655.73||Two buses would be hired to convey 40 photographers and 10 community members (each bus will convey 25 people)|
|2||Food||50||3000||150,000||491.80||This will cover their feeding and refreshment.|
|3||Certificate of participation||40||500||20000||65.57||This is for participating photographer|
|4||Food and tea break||50||2000||100,000||327.86||This is the cost of food during upload session|
|5||Hall Rental||1||100,000||100,000||327.86||This is cost of hall for training of photographers on how to upload and for usage of images collected on articles|
|6||Internet||1||25,000||25,000||81.96||This is the cost of internet at the uploading venue|
|Total (without contingency cost): NGN 595,000 (USD 1950.81)|
Contingency cost: NGN15,000 (USD 49.19)
Grand Total (with contingency cost): NGN 610,000 (USD 2000)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!