Grants:Project/Rapid/Umar-askira/Wikipedia Campaign at Kaduna Polytechnic (Kadpoly)
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- There will be a workshop that will teach the students on how to make research in wikipedia for Assignment, Project or Course work purpose. It will teach them how to Create article and Edit articles in wikipedia.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will let the community know about this project via established social media handles:
Hausa wikimedians ƙofar Al'umma here
And physically by using flyers.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes i have experience in promoting wikipedia both online and offline:
- Wikipedia campaign at Notion computer Technology (Organizer)
- Wikipedia Awareness In Kaduna (Facilitator)
- 9Wikipediadia Awareness in Kano (Facilitator)
- Wikipedia Awareness in Funtua (Facilitator)
- Wikipedia Awareness In Minna (Online)
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- I would create a discussion group in whatsapp and facebook that would keep the participants being more effective in wikipedia edits. Questions and answers would be discussing in the platforms.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes i am going to run an in-person events:
[assessment tool (here)]
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Yes, I want to carry out this project and to be done in Kadpoly because students find it very difficult in research especially when it comes to assignment, C.A test and Course work, the students are mostly copying from one another because they lack research resources. I attach two books (Hausa to English to Arabic and Hausa Pocket Dictionary (Qamus)) that would be used during the campaign to both Hausa and Mass Communication Students especially for those that don't understand Hausa Language in creating article. Because there is relationship between the 2 departments because Mass communication students especially in Northern Nigeria. That is why i included the Mass Communication Department.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached : 1000
- Number of campaign participants: 30
- Number of Event : 2
- Number of articles created or improved: 50
- I will use Outreach Dashboard to track the participants articles created
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Day 1 (Introduction) Time Activities Facilitators 10:00AM - 10:15AM Registration All 10:15AM - 10:25AM Opening remark / Introduction to the main project Umar-askira (Project lead) 10:25AM-10:40AM Introduction to wikipedia Abubakar A Gwanki Technical Session 10:40am - 11:30PM Screen-show 0f wikipedia activities (Pages)? Abubakar Gwanki, Yusuf Sa'adu & Salihu Aliyu 11:30am - 12:50pm How to crate an article Umar-askira, Hamza Dk & Salihu Aliyu 12:50PM - 1:15PM Break/prayer time 1:15PM - 1:40PM Refreshment All Participants and facilitators 1:45 - 2:00pm Speech from the both HODs (Hausa and Mass Communication Department): To academically motivate the participants with the facilitators as Fathers of the events to keep being steadfast on our academic line. 2:00PM - 2:10PM Votes of thanks Iliyasu Umar 2:10pm - 2:20pm Closing Remark Umar-askira (Project lead) 2:30pm Closing Prayer Naim Bello Day 2 (Hands-on practical) 9:00AM - 9:15AM Registration All Facilitators and participants 9:17am - 9:30am Introduction to hausa wikipedia Umar-askira 9:30am - 10:00am Speech from the HODs (Hausa & Mass Communication) Hausa and Mass Communication Department 10:50PM - 12:45PM Contributing to Hausa Wikipedia 12:45pm - 1:50pm Break/Prayer time, Refreshments 1:50am - 2:00pm Votes of thanks/Closing remark and Closing Prayer Salihu Aliyu, Umar-askira and Iliyasu Umar
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and Drinks - For each participant = $13.3 x 30 (participants) x 2 = $400 USD for two days
- Computer Lab- $185 x 2 = $370 USD for two days
- Hausa to English to Arabic (Words): $9 x 30 = $270 USD
- Hausa Pocket Dictionary (Qamusu) (For words meaning): $13 x 30 = $390 USD
- Use of internet - $125 x 2 = $250 USD for two days
- COVID 19 measures (Gadgets) - $15 USD for 2 days
- T-shirts - for each facilitator = $13 x 15 (10 facilitators & 5 Students) = $195
- Transport - $4 x 30 (participants) x 2 = $313 USD
- Banner and Tags - $265 USD
- TOTAL USD : $2,598 USD
- $1 USD = N415 NGN. (www.oanda.com/currency/converter)
- And N415 x $2,598 = 1,078,170 NGN.
- TOTAL NGN : N1,078,170 NGN
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!