Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are hosting one editathon, which will include a training based on Art+Feminism's training materials.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
The editathon is registered on the Wikipedia Outreach Dashboard: [https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/University_of_North_Texas/UNT_Art_and_Feminism] and [http://www.artandfeminism.org/find-an-event/ Art+Feminism]. We have also made a Facebook event: [https://www.facebook.com/events/1753451981630175/]
We will be publicizing the event to all University students, faculty, and staff via the University's email announcement bulletin and through posters around campus, and in town. We will also be requesting the even be put on the Library's event calendar as well as the University's. At this time, we have three professors who are recommending their students to participate in the editathon.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Yes, we will have 2 experienced Wikipedians present [kdewolff, smandiberg].
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We have campus wi-fi set up in the building, which includes guest access. In addition to the accessible electronic resources, the UNT library is nearby to access any books that might be desired.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- In addition to discussing the event during classes that recommend students attend the event, we will thank participants on their Talk pages after the event and invite them to continue editing. We will also run a survey to learn what went well, what could be improved, and gauge interest in next year's editathon.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have 2 experienced Wikipedians who will organize the event and provide training and one-on-one support. Each has helped a similar event in 2017 and 2016. The venue and WI-FI are provided free of charge.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- coffee and snacks (at $6/person) = $180
- Supplies (name tags, printing costs, etc.) = $50
- Total = $230 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!