Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The project goal is to organize an one day Wiki conference for teachers in Skopje. The framework of the program is all about useful of Wikipedia into the education process. The last session will include a workshop on how to edit Wikipedia for beginners.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- This is an one day Wiki conference for teachers in Skopje. As a speakers, we already invited and have their confirmation, Wikipedians who are also teachers. Preparations will go as this:
- Before February 5 = Light talks with teachers from several schools in Skopje, in order to find out if they would attend Wiki conference for teachers. We found a conference hall which is suitable for this purpose, and already get discount on the rent price. We already had confirmation from five Wikipedians who are also teachers, to speak on the conference. Preparing a framework of the program.
- 5 February - 20 March = preparing the grant request; continue working on the program.
- 20 March - 19 April = We will work on promotion before the event at schools in Skopje. Besides media promotion, we are going to send volunteers to visit every secondary school and High school in Skopje, in order to talk with teachers and answer the questions they'll have, and to make a list of interested teachers to attend the conference. At the same time, we are going to work on: design and printing of the promotional materials; pursue the office supplies, and catering for the event, etc.
- 20 April = The day of the Wiki conference.
- 21 April - 20 May = Writing reports, and evaluating the event.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We found that there is a need to teach the teachers on how to use Wikipedia in the classroom. As this will be the first conference of this kind in Skopje, we expect a lot of interested teachers to participate. We target the specific audience, because the speakers will talk mostly about using Wikipedia in education process.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We are going to give the teachers all our contacts: e-mail address, Facebook page, even phone numbers, in order to assist them in the further questions.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants
- maximum 70 (+5 speakers and several Wikipedians volunteers who will help before and on the conference day) The conference hall is for maximum 70 attendances.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizer of this Wiki conference is GLAM Macedonia, with at least a ten volunteers. Volunteers will help with most of the activities about this project. We have to say thanks to several Wikipedians who helped us with advice and useful links about how to organize the conference for teachers (Magioladitis, Shani, Bojana Wiki PG, to mention some of them). Speakers on the conference:
- Matilda Bajkova - teacher in three secondary schools in Skopje, and also Coordinator of education program at GLAM macedonia
- Виолетова - High school teacher
- MB - teacher at international high school in Skopje
- Wikimk - University professor in Skopje
- Bojana Wiki PG - teacher from Višegrad
As for in-kind donations, we managed to get the conference hall with a great discount, including using of video beam, microphones, projector, lap top, internet, etc. We managed to have a professional photographer for free, which is an issue if we need photos with good quality. Also, there is no honorarium for the speakers.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Printed materials (including booklet How to use Wikipedia as a teaching tool, program sheets, certificates, stickers, notebooks, nametags, etc.) - 185€
- Roll up banner for GLAM Macedonia (Note: we will use this banner on the future events as well) - 85€
- Hall rent (with discount) - 100€
- Travel costs for our guest speaker (including two nights in hostel and meals) - 310€
- Coffee breaks (four coffee breaks, including refreshments and one break with mini bar lunch) - 250€
- Transportation (for volunteers and materials) - 20€
- Promotion before the event - 100€
- Office supplies (paper clips, papers, pens, etc) - 6€
- Unseen costs (including bank fees) - 50€