Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Project Goal edit
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing members of the community.
- To increase the number of freely licensed and quality images of monuments of Georgia to Wikimedia Commons.
- To spread awareness about Wikimedia projects in Georgia.
Project Plan edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- UG Georgia and the Georgian Wikipedia has been conducting the "Wiki Loves Monuments" third year in a row. We were able to attract more people to work in the Georgian Wikipedia with the help of these competitions and other activities. Most importantly, we received many high-quality photos of Georgian cultural monuments and famous Georgian sights in the world. This year, we want to consolidate the success that we have received over the past year.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Central Notice across Wikimedia projects
- Official Georgian Wikipedia and UG-GE Facebook page (89K likes).
- Promoting the competition through the use of social networks (Instagram/Twitter).
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The jury will be composed both by experienced Wikimedians and photography enthusiasts. We are forming a 4-member jury which will be consisted of 2 experienced Wikimedian and 2 photographers.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Volunteers will add uploaded images to respective articles in Wikimedia projects during and after the contest.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- After this competition, we want to hold a small edit-a-thon, during which volunteers from Georgian Wikipedia will update photos in the article of Georgian and other language projects of Wikimedia with photos of this contest.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 15-20
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 450-500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 40-50
|Items||Sub-items||Quantity||Amount (In Georgian Lari)||Total|
|Prizes (Amazon Gift Cards)||First Place||3||300 $ (USD)||600 $ (USD)|
|Second Place||200 $ (USD)|
|Third Place||100 $ (USD)|
|T-Shirts||5||25 ₾||125 ₾|
|Certificates||3||2 ₾||6 ₾|
|Unforeseen expenses||100 ₾|
|Grand total||600 $ (USD) + 231 ₾ (GEL)|
Total requested: 600 $ (USD) + 231 ₾ (GEL) = 690 $ (USD) (16 September 2018, oanda.com)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!