Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
- To engage new and existing members of the community
- To increase the number of freely licensed and quality images of monuments of Georgia to Wikimedia Commons
- To spread awareness about Wikimedia projects in Georgia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The overall purpose of this Wiki Loves Monuments contest is to increase the amount of freely-licensed material related to Georgian monuments in Wikimedia Commons, and improve the quality and quantity of Wikipedia articles about them, including illustrating the articles with the uploaded pictures. If the project is going to be successful, more people will know not only about Wikipedia, but also about Wikimedia Commons and new users will be engaged in the projects also. Additionally, the Wikimedia movement and the local chapters will gain visibility within the involved communities.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Central Notice across Wikimedia projects
- Media coverage
- Official Georgian Wikipedia Facebook page (with about 89K likes) and Official WLM Georgia Facebook page
- Promoting the competition through the use of social networks (Facebook/Twitter).
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The jury will be composed both by experienced Wikimedians and photography enthusiasts. We are forming a 5-member jury which will be consisted of 2 experienced Wikimedian, 2 photographers and one public figures. They will determine the winners of the contest taking into the consideration the criteria mentioned here.
Prizes will be in term of money.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- In Georgian Wikipedia there are many articles about monuments without a single illustration. Volunteers will add uploaded images to respective articles in Wikimedia projects during and after the contest.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 3000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 300
|Items||Sub-items||Quantity||Amount (In Georgian Lari)||Total|
|Prizes||First Place||3||400 ₾||900 ₾|
|Second Place||300 ₾|
|Third Place||200 ₾|
|T-Shirts||20||25 ₾||500 ₾|
|Advertisments (making online ads and banner)||50$|
|Unforeseen expenses||140 ₾|
|Grand total||1540 ₾ + 50$|
Total requested: 1540 ₾ + 50$ = 678.9$ (4 September 2017, oanda.com)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!