Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
For a detailed study of the project, please visit the following page: UG GE/Tskneti WikiCamp 2018
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors.
- Attract more young people to work in Georgian Wikipedia, Georgian Wikiquote.
- Popularization of wikimedia projects among young people of Georgia.
- Add or improve content.
- Increase public awareness of Wikipedia and open data.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- The camp is designed for five days, from where two days it is designed for training of young people, which will be conducted by experienced Wikipedians. The next three days, young Wikipedians will independently create and enhance existing articles under the supervision of experienced Wikipedians. At the end of the day, experienced Wikipedians will check and evaluate articles that have been created or improved by new Wikipedians.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will distribute information about the camp through a page from Wikipedia. as well as using the pages in social networks.
- Official Georgian Wikipedia and UG-GE Facebook page (92K likes).
- Promoting the competition through the use of social networks (Instagram/Twitter).
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Mehman97 organizer of "Wiki Loves Monuments" 2017-2018 and "Wiki Loves Earth" 2018 in Georgia, also the organizer of the The Women You Have Never Met 2018 in Georgia and From Independence To Freedom.
- Jaba1977 participant of many camps, where he conducted trainings for young people in the work with Wikipedia.
- MIKHEIL organizer WIKIGAP 2018 in Tbilisi, conducted many trainings about Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects.
- David1010 organizer of "CEE Spring" 2015-2018 and "Wikimedia Asian Month" 2016-2017 in Georgia.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- During the selection of participants, we emphasize that future participants are socially active people. Also that participants have available their own personal computer because the wikimedia of Georgia does not have the opportunity for all participants to give a computer. To ensure that the camp participants created good articles, experienced Wikipedists will fully help and teach from all the necessary ways.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will ask users to participate in future thematic months, which we organize every month.
- After this project immediately begins Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 and we will contribute to the camp participants took part in it.
- We will monitor the works done by participants after our editathon and continue to encourage them to edit contents by social networks and Wikipedia talk page.
- Also, Wikipedia hosts many interesting projects in which camp participants can take part.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Unfortunately we are limited in time, so we have a request to the grant administrators as soon as possible to evaluate our grant, as the territory where we will hold the camp can be busy, if we don't have time to transfer the funds.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events:1
- Number of participants: 25
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100-150
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): —
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Unfortunately we do not have alternative sources, except for the Wikimedia Foundation.
|Items||per capita||Quantity||Amount (In Georgian Lari)||Amount (In US dollars)||Total|
|Accommodation (For 5 days)||150||25||3 750 ₾||1 542 $||1 542 $|
|Pens (Branding)||1.8 ₾||100||180 ₾||75 $||75 $|
|T-Shirts (Branding)||25 ₾||25||625 ₾||260 $||260 $|
|Stationery items (Badges, rope for badge, A4 paper)||—||—||50 ₾||21 $||21 $|
|Certificates||2 ₾||20||40 ₾||17 $||17 $|
|Notebooks (Branding)||3 ₾||50||150 ₾||63 $||63 $|
|Unforeseen expenses||—||—||—||—||22 $|
|Grand total||2 000 $|
Total requested: 2 000 $ (USD) (13 July 2018, oanda.com)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support --NaswKai (talk) 18:47, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Nina1009 (talk) 18:51, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Lika Kharazishvili (talk) 18:52, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Nika chareqishvili (talk) 19:35, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Marikuna-115 (talk) 21:09, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Daliladalo (talk) 21:10, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support --AkakiBalanchivadze (talk) 11:15, 14 July 2018 (UTC)