Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Create new articles about women
- Create new articles about feminist organizations.
- Popularization of Georgian Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- At the beginning of next month (March), WMUG Georgia and the UN women's room (Georgia), with the support of the Swedish Wikimedia and the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, are going to hold a joint action, which is connected with the International Women's Day. We will hold a training course with the participants of the action and learn how to work with them. on this and other platforms (including online), we will encourage new participants to work in Wikipedia.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We created |a project page in Georgian Wikipedia and when the project begins we will, through the central notification, preempt all Wikipedia visitors about the project. Also, through our official accounts in social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), we will attract new members and warn them about our project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Our community has been successfully conducting Wiki Loves Monuments (2016, 2017) and WLE (2017) for 2 years already. Three consecutive years CEE Spring (2015, 2016, 2017) and two consecutive Wikipedia Asian Month (2016, 2017).
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- All existing Wikipedia participants have all the necessary skills and technical devices to participate in the competition. New participants if they do not have the necessary skills, we will help them to conduct lessons for them and those participants, who will not have technical adaptations: the Central Library of the Tbilisi State University makes it possible to use both the Internet and computers for free.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After this competition two more months will continue another competition — CEE Spring 2018, also monthly Wikipedia conduct themed months and participants can join in them.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project immediately interested us, as the project deals with a very urgent problem of today, specifically: today, the percentage in Wikipedia articles about men is much more than about women and we, with the help of this project, want to narrow the gap in this aspect.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 15-25
- Number of new editors: 5-10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 40-50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): N/A
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizers of the project will be two experienced participants of the Georgian Wikipedia, who have held several successful projects together (WLM, WLE and Wikipedia Asian Month). There are no other financial sources of the Georgian Wikipedia, except for the WMF.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We for the winners have allocated a gift card from online store Amazon. Also, additionally we ask the amount for online advertisements in social networks.
|Amazon.com Gift Cards||First Nomination||3||100 $||225 $|
|Second Nomination||75 $|
|Third Nomination||50 $|
|Advertisments (making online ads and banner)||1||20 $||20 $|
|Grand total||225 $ + 20 $|
Total requested: 225 $ + 20 $ = 245 $
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!