Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Increase skills for existing editors;
- Recruit new editors;
- Increase public awareness of Wikipedia and open data;
- Add or improve content.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We are planning a two-day editathon in WikiCamp format focused on adding and improving articles on different topics.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We have plans to issue a press release to the local media and recruit participants via our user group's Facebook page which has more than 12.000 followers, our website and Mediawiki:Sitenotice on az-wiki.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We will ask users to participate in future thematic months, which we organize every month since the end of 2014, win and get prizes. Thus we can monitor their activities and aim their efforts in an expedient direction.
- We will monitor the works done by participants after our editathon and continue to encourage them to edit contents by email, Wikipedia talk page or Facebook chat.
- We consider to host some online editathons by using Skype or real-time chats.
- We want to organize this kind of WikiCampuses in following years to draw attention of society and authorities to the Wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 30
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 150
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): 150
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): 30
- These are our targets in short term, but we are sure that this WikiCamp will help az-wiki to achieve more goals in the future and will help to diversificate editors of az-wiki.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Our user group members will organize this project. They are already informed and most of them are ready to help in organization. We have 4 experienced editors in our team to lead our editathon and to support participants. Besides me, they are:
- Cekli829 - az-wiki sysop, active user.
- Namikilisu - teacher and active az-wiki user.
- Fortius-94 - active az-wiki user.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Travel expenses between Baku and Ilisu, Qakh ~ 600AZN = $353
- Hotel expenses = 50AZN x 30 = 1,500AZN = $881
- Catering = 30AZN x 30 = 900AZN = $529
- Miscellaneous supplies = 10AZN x 30 = 300AZN = $176 (name tags, printing cheatsheets, etc.)
Total = 3,301AZN = 1,939 USD
- This proposal creates great opportunity for Azerbaijani Wikipedia. Our user group members discussed this project in Baku and we have decided that the implementation of the project will have a great impact on Azerbaijani Wikipedia and on a Wikimedia movement in Azerbaijan. We stand on Qakh for this WikiCamp, because it has many ancient monuments and very beautiful nature. I think that, if this proposal is accepted, it will be a good challenge for our user group and a good start point for many our future projects. --Fortius-94 (talk) 01:52, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
- I think, this is very important for the development of Azerbaijani Wikipedia. --sefer (talk) 12:27, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
- In my opinion, this wikicamp will create many opportunities for Azerbaijani Wikipedia. --Təhmasib (talk) 17:35, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
- I strongly endorse it. Let's make it work. Great and interesting initiative. The wikicamps in their own right will be a great learning experience for users and potential editors. --►Cekli829 08:35, 15 July 2017 (UTC)
- Great news for Azerbaijani wikipedia! I really wonder how it will be. Oyuncu Aykhan (talk)