Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- add high quality content from Fjordsteam heritage festival in Bergen.
- improve the Wikidata enteries of the subjects
- I plan to cover 6-8 cultural events in 2018, of which the heritage steam festival Fjordsteam require traveling.
Fjordsteam 2018 have participants from around the North Sea. The festival shows objects in working conditions, mostly boats and vehicles from early industrial age. 65 ships are expected to travel to Bergen.
- A presentation of the festival can be found here: http://fjordsteam.no/
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Identify participants and activities at the festival. Schedule some traveling.
- Attend the festival, gather some info and photograph the participating vehicles. Some traveling in Western Norway by car to photograph the boats enroute to the festival.
- Use social media accounts of Wikimedia chapter organizations to showcase the project (like Wikimedia Norge)
- Post-process, add metadata and upload photographs to Commons.
- Update Wikidata with missing information about the subjects.
- Increase quality of metadata through help from Wiki-community (contributors) and embed photographs in Wikipedia articles. I will use the experience from previous community engagement to engage community (example 1), (example 2), (example 3).
- Write a summary / closing report
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Invitation to give suggestions, input or participate at Torget (Norway): https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Torget#Konsert_og_arrangementsfoto_i_2018
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Added more than a hundred photographs to Commons
- Improved quality on Wikidata
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of events : 1 festivals
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: More than 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Planning support from Wikimedia Norge
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
Return trip from Oslo to Bergen. Local travel. Accommodation three nights.
- Train Oslo-Bergen / return: NOK 2500
- Car rental for local travel: NOK 1500
- Accommodation / hotel: NOK 7200
- Petrol: NOK 500
- Toll and ferries: NOK 400
- Meals: NOK 800
Total for Fjordsteam: NOK 12900 (USD 1591)
Note that the hotel room has been selected for a panorama of Vågen and the ships arriving and departing.
- I strongly endores Tore's proposal. Over the last years he has taken photos at many concerts and festivals in Norway of both Norwegian and international artists, often concentrating on covering female artists. The photos have a high image use on different Wikipedias. Tore works systematically and carefully with both editors and the people organizing concerts and festivals which help new Commons photographers to get involved in concert photography.Astrid Carlsen (WMNO) (talk) 09:08, 14 May 2018 (UTC)