Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject. Provide internet access
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment? Providing basic internet access for the students and administration at network of 10 schools.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- The equipment will be stored in the administration offices, which are locked. A guard protects the property at night and on weekends.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- School administrator will use the internet throughout the year. Students will benefit for the nine months they are in school.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Creating basic internet access is the first step to using any Wiki content.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: We will use the internet on at least 90% available days. Frequent, multi-day power outages and service interruptions make usage days difficult to predict.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The internet service provider and/or contract technician are available for fixes. However, this can take time to bring them to a rural location.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- $300 electricity
$1700 internet service
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Our model involves the community in building and operating the schools. Each campus has a local school board made of parents, teachers and community leaders. None of them have electricity or internet access at home to add their endorsements here.