Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Is our first A + F editathon in Italy, so this time is one editathon, but we hope will become an annual event focused on female artists
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We created the wiki page, the dashboard and Facebook event, writing on the comunity portal and asking wikipedians to give us a hand (by reporting wikipedians that might be interested to partecipate, drawing up lists, checking for notability, begining online wikifacilitators).
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Our WikiDonne team has a group of 3-4 expert wikipedians that lead all events, helping partecipants to realize the notability criteria (wich is the most controversial and not easy to understand), to upload images on Commons etc.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Often our partecipants are newbies, people who has any experience. Our goal is to make them begin confidential, creating constancy on working on Wikipedia. After a brief training lesson , we will support them during the event for writing entries. We will provide bibliographic materials for the event.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Periodically we organize courses and events also in the Library of University of Salerno, our istitution.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will get involved local associations and institutions to repeat this event every month of March.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of articles created or improved: 10
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 0
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We are organizing this event with Artè - Caffè culturale (who kindly provides us with the room, tables and chairs, WI-FI and the audio installation) and we don't receive any other additional funding
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We need the refreshment (snacks, drinks and coffee) for 20 persons and small printing works (flyers)
- Food, drink and coffee = €10 x 20 persons = €200
- Miscellaneous supplies = €80 (printing flyers event etc.)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!