Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The content focus will be on Monuments in India, especially the ones listed under the Archaeological Survey of India. Wiki Loves Monuments is not just a photo-contest, it is a motivation for many photographers to contribute to Wikimedia Commons, and as well as engage with the newbies in a friendly way. Prizes are very much important for Wiki Loves initiatives because this will help us to gain the trust of participants and continue to engage them in the future.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Central Notice, and Indian-community mailing list.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The photos are judged using the Montage judging tool, for which the access has been already granted.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We have volunteer to add them to articles, and if necessary, we will conduct short edit-a-thons, focused on this task.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The project was already concluded, and we're in process of judging.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 1,000
- Number of new users: 500
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 7,823
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 553
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The core organizing team comprises of User:Suyash.dwivedi, User:Swapnil.Karambelkar, and User:Krishna Chaitanya Velaga.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
S.No Item Amount 1 First Prize ₹12,500 2 Second Prize ₹10,000 3 Third Prize ₹7,500 4 Fourth Prize ₹5,000 5 Fifth Prize ₹2,500 6 Community Prize ₹5,000 7 T-Shirts ₹2,500 8 Certificates ₹1,000 9 Shipping expenses ₹1,000 10 Contingency fund ₹3,000 Total ₹50,000 Note: All the prize amount shall be disbursed in the form of Amazon India/FlipKart gift vouchers
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support As a team member, I can say that prizes are good motivation for the participants. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 13:15, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support Competetion with prizes gives motivation as vel as good quality images contribution --Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 13:26, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support received many good photos for the event and prizes motivates existing and new members.strong support for this .Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk) 10:10, 21 October 2017 (UTC)