Grants:Project/Rapid/Sirryboi/Science Articles Translation and Promotion in Hausa Wikipedia
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Translation of existing science articles.
- Recruit new editors.
- Encourage and increase skills for existing editors.
- Add and improve Hausa wikipedia contents.
- Provide support and coach to new editors.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This project will be a two days edith-a-thon.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Partipants will be aware of this event through any of the following mediums:
- Social Media Channels
- Online Fliers
- Exiting editors
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes there are experienced wikimedia editors to support and help me lead this program, such as: User:Umar a usman, User:Umar Ahmad2345.
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, some of the partipants have the skills and equipment but will require additional help and guidance to the activities of the event.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Paticipants will be engaged through online and offline mentorship and guidance e.g. Whatsapp group chat.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will educate, enhance and strengthens the knowledge of science to Hausa communities and students which will bring more users and readers to wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have the skills and knowledge to lead the program with the help of other experienced wikimedia editors to support and guide me throughout the event. There will be no additional funding or donations from any individual or organization.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S/NO.||DESCRIPTION||QUANTITY||UNIT PRICE (NGN)||AMOUNT (NGN)||PRICE (USD)||TOTAL (USD)||COMMENT|
|1.||Computer lab with wifi connection and projector||2 days||NGN 120,000||NGN 240,000||292.68 USD||585.37 USD||This is the rental of space for the event with computers to be used at the event including internet subscription and projector for presentation.|
|2.||Refreshment||2 days X 20 Participants||NGN 60,000||NGN 120,000||146.34 USD||292.68 USD||This is resources to be used for feeding and refreshment throughout the event for the 2 days which include items such as bottled water, soft drink, snacks etc.|
|3.||Photography||2 days||NGN 20,000||NGN 40,000||48.78 USD||97.56 USD||This is the hire of cameraman to snap photos throughout the event for the 2 days.|
|4.||Certificate||20||NGN 2,000||NGN 40,000||4.89 USD||97.56 USD||This is the design and printing of Certificate of Participation to all participants that attend the event which will be issued at the last day after the completion of the event.|
|5.||Fliers and Invitation Cards||20||NGN 1,500||NGN 30,000||3.67 USD||73.17 USD||This is the desing and printing of invitation cards and fliers which will serve help in informing the participants about the offcoming event and the programs that will occur during the event, include online and offline processess.|
|6.||Customised T-Shirt||10||NGN 7,000||NGN 70,000||17.07 USD||170.73 USD||This is the design and printing of customised T-Shirt that experience and existing editors will wear during the event.|
|7.||Tags||20||NGN 1,500||NGN 30,000||3.67 USD||73.17 USD||This is the design and printing of indicator tags which will help new editors in recognizing experience and existing editors so as to know to go to when they encounter any problem during and after the completion event for mentorship and guidance.|
|8.||Hand Sanitizer||1||NGN 10,000||NGN 10,000||24.39 USD||24.39 USD||This is a Covid-19 protocol material which include liquid soap, water for washing of hands and sanitizers for cleanzing.|
|9.||Face-masks||20||NGN 1,000||NGN 20,000||2.44 USD||48.78 USD||This is a Covid-19 protocol material which all participants will wear for protection throughout the event.|
|10.||Banner||1||NGN 25,000||NGN 25,000||60.98 USD||60.98 USD||This is the design and printing of a standing banner for the event.|
|11.||Transportation||-||NGN 45,000||NGN 45,000||109.76 USD||109.76 USD||This is the for transportation of participants and resources to the location of the event and others.|
|12.||Contigency||1||NGN 30,000||NGN 30,000||73.17 USD||73.17 USD||This is the cost for unforeseen expenses that may occur.|
|13.||TOTAL||NGN||NGN 700,000||USD||1707.32 USD||This is the total of the cost of all resources listed in the budget.|
NOTE: The full total cost of the budget is NGN 700,000 in Nigerian Naira and 1707.32 USD equivalent in US Dollars
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!