Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Add or improve representation of womxn on wikipedia
- Contribute to the existing community of motivated (feminist) wikipedia editors in Stockholm
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will be organising a one night training session to prepare everyone to edit, translate and create content on Wikipedia. Here we will go over the Wikipedia guidelines, and explain the various steps that go into the editing process. We will use the resources provided by Art+Feminism (specifically their Wikipedia editing guide videos) and we will work together with two Wikipedians who have engaged with the editing process before (Rosa(SiC) &Carlota Mir).
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants will be editing within their field of expertise, we will attract predominantly university students of a variety of backgrounds and with different (academic) interests. In addition to bringing their own research material, we will provide books and academic articles for reference, in order to ensure high quality contributions.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The event is part of the larger project School in Common. We will be engaging with this project, which is a nomadic platform that takes on various manifestations in different locations, throughout the coming years. In May we will be hosting another set of workshops in relation School in Common where participants of the edit-a-thon are invited to engage with other commoning values. As part of the workshop in May we will discuss the results of the edit-a-thon and hope to motivate more participants (particularly those who did not attend the edit-a-thon) to engage with Wikipedia. Moreover, we will be repeating the edit-a-thon in different locations, as School in Common travels on to new destinations after Spring 2018.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events
- Number of participants
- Number of new editors
- Number of of articles created or improved
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
We will host the event over the course of 3 days, with 1 workshop and 2 days of editing. We expect between 40-50 participants of whom most will be new editors (approximately 30), we hope to edit, create and improve a minimum of 50 articles. We aim to repeat the project again in a different country and city, and therefore do not expect repeat participants from Stockholm other than the organisers.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have a space with access to internet, power, suitable seating arrangements and light refreshments. The organisers will provide an extensive research library for participants with high quality resources and suggested pages to edit and write. The organisers will be at the space for the duration of the edit-a-thon for any support throughout the editing process. The space has been provided to us for free by Index, and we will be using material (additional computer and power cables) from Stockholm University.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Drinks (coffee, tea, juice): 750 sek (coffee 250 sek, tea 200 sek, juice 300 sek)
- Food (light snacks (fruit & cookies) and a simple meal: soup, bread, dip: 1250 sek (ingredients for soup 400 sek, bread 200 sek, ingredients for dips 300 sek, fruit 250 sek, cookies 100 sek).
Total amount: 2000 sek
In line with School in Common's values, all food and drinks will be vegan.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!