Grants:Project/Rapid/Satdeep Gill/Punjabi Wikimedians (Feb-June 2017) Plan
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- This grant will ensure smooth functioning of the User Group in the next five months. While we will be implementing previously tested best practices, we will be doing some new pilot projects as well.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Meetups in Patiala and Delhi - We have already been doing regular meetups in Patiala and have started doing meetups in Delhi as well. We will be discussing various issues and will also work on projects like Wikisource.
- Collaborate with Punjabi University, Patiala in a Seven-day Computer Training Workshop while focusing on Wikimedia Projects for 2 days. We are already collaborating with the University on a project to improve Punjabi Wiktionary.
- Keep using User Group's Camera to document more villages and personalities.
- Record more folklore videos and interviews with famous personalities.
- Pilot project related to Book Digitization - Certain books have been released by their authors under CC-BY-SA license. We will be start a pilot project for digitizing these books.
- Reaching out to various organizations and institutions to collaborate with Wikimedia.
Videos from WikiExpeditionsEdit
A Punjabi Folksong
Mounir speaking Tunisian Arabic
Raphael speaking Twi
Raj speaking Bagri
Krishna speaking Bhojpuri
Quality images from the previous projectEdit
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Punjabi community will be notified of all the meetups on the Village Pump of Punjabi Wikipedia.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end of the project, we will be having regular meetups in Delhi with participants from various languages.
- We will have more images and videos related to the villages of Punjab and Punjabi personalities.
- Build a stronger alliance with Punjabi University, Patiala
- Analyse the pilot Book Digitization Project
- Collaborations with some organizations.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- 80 - Number of total participants (Total number of unique participants in all)
- 300 - Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- 100 - Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
- 5 - Number of texts scanned and uploaded on Wikimedia Commons
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Meetups and small events (Refreshments and Travel Reimbursements) 5*2000 = 10,000 INR
- We expect around 8-10 participants at each of the 5 events in the coming months. Travel Reimbursement will be given to around 4-5 participants in 2 or 3 of these events. We are planning an ArtAndFeminism event in which we might small travel reimbursements to around 10 people.
- Wikimedia SWAG for participants in various events and User Group members = 5,000 INR
- Internet for meetups and small events - 500 INR per month * 5 months = 2,500 INR
- Refreshments and Travel Reimbursements for Wikiexpeditions, Interviews and Wiki related Meetings - 1500*10 = 15,000 INR
- 1500 INR is an estimated cost of travel and reimbursement for 2 people for one event. This includes 1000 INR for travel and 500 INR for Refreshment.
- Scanning Books for Wikisource - Estimate 1000 pages * 5 INR per page = 5,000 INR
- Camera Microphone for Interviews and other videos = 6,000 INR
- Miscellaneous = 10000 INR
- Total = 53,500 INR (784.772 USD)