Grants:Project/Rapid/Sanusi Gado/Wikipedia Nigerian women in politics edit-a-thon
Please see sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- The project will focus mainly on recruiting new hausa editors.
- It will also increase skills for existing editors.
- There is massive gap between articles on men and women in Hausa Wikipedia. Therefore this project is set to bridge this gap by translating articles specifically on women in politics in Nigeria.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- It will be an editathon for both new and existing volunteers.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
- I have made an announcement on the community discussion page. See link 
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
- We will use the common social media outlets to reach out for participants. The likes of WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
- There are experienced editors equiped and ready to give out support in carrying out this project. The likes of User: Uncle Bash007, User: Aliyu shaba and User: Musa Vacho77.
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most of the participants have smartphones and some computers, so the only assist they will need is that of data for internet and some rented computers for participants that didn't have access to it.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will create a WhatsApp group for participants especially the new ones to keep in touch and ask questions about Wikipedia.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Link of a copy of risk assessment 
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events (2)
- Number of participants (20)
- Number of new editors (7)
- Number of of articles created or improved (60)
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) N/A
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- As stated above there are experienced editors ready to help see this project go through. However, they'll be compensated in a kind donation which wil be covered in the project budget.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Transportation||2||51,625||103,450||250||This is the cost movement of 5 organisers and every Participant that will attend the event for 2 days.|
|2||Food||2||57,932||115,864||280||This will cover their feeding and refreshment.|
|3||Computers and projector||2||41,380||82,760||200||This is the cost of 20 rented computers and 1 projector to be used for two days of the event.|
|4||Hall Rental||2||78,622||157,244||380||The cost of hall for training new users for the 2 days event.|
|5||Data||2||57,932||115,864||280||This is the cost of internet at the event center for both organisers and participants.|
|6||Banner, tags & Shirts||2||51,725||103,450||250||This is for the perfect recognition of the event.|
|7||Hard Sanitizer Facemasks||2||41,380||82,760||200||This is going to be used by all people attending the event inlight of the covid-19 protocols.|
Grand Total (with contingency cost): 761,392 NGN (USD 1,840)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!