Grants:Project/Rapid/SPARQL and Wikidata Training at FCE(Technical), Akoka II
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content on Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 2 series of editathon/training
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I already have a WhatsApp group created and maintained from the previous event. Although together with the previous organizers in the whatsApp group, We have been answering tons of questions posed by some of the participants that could afford to edit. I have already informed them of a physical event to improve their Wikidata editing and SPARQL skills. New editors will be informed through notification on the departmental notice board.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I have notified the WUGN here.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants are already introduced to Wikidata and they are computer literate with smart phones and Laptops.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will continue to use the WhatsApp group I created in the previous event to encourage them to ask further question which will be fewer after the event. I will break-up the group and assign to each organizer as mentors. After about a month after the event, the groups will come together and ask each other questions to measure their level of progress.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of articles created or improved: 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Jonywikis: I am the project lead and organizer. I will also serve as a mentor after the event
- DonKevin: He will facilitate the event and also serve as mentor.
- Samatics: He will facilitate the event and also serve as mentor in one of the break out WhatsApp group.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Space rental: USD 200 x 2 = USD 400
- Food and drinks: USD 12 x 30 x 2 events = USD 720
- Pocket Hand Sanitizer: USD 1 x 30 = USD 30
- Branded nose mask: USD 2 x 30 = USD 60
- Gift voucher for top 3 contributors: USD 100
- Branded souvenirs for all participants: USD 8 x 30 = USD 240
- Universal router rental: USD 30 x 2 = USD 60
- Internet subscription on router: USD 120
- Internet subscription on participants devices to contribute post event days: USD 8 x 30 = USD 240
- Local transport for organizers: USD 20 x 3 = USD 60
- Miscellaneous: USD 50
Total: USD 2,080
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!