- Hold a three-day conference featuring discussions of topics related to "Enterprise MediaWiki", i.e. the usage of MediaWiki software by and within companies, non-profits, governments, and other organizations.
- Further the WMF strategic goal of Knowledge as a Service
- Improve the visibility of MediaWiki usage by third-parties
- Spread awareness of commercial support, regulatory certifications, and distributions (e.g. BlueSpice)
- Recruit new organizations to adopt MediaWiki as a platform for enterprise knowledge
- Increase skills for existing editors, administrators, consultants and support organizations
- Recruit maintainers and contributors to extensions that are crucial to organizational use outside of WMF
- Add or improve content available at mediawiki.org
- Provide quality videos of the conference which may be shared, re-used and built upon.
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Discuss current usage, trends, gaps, opportunities and challenges of using MediaWiki compared to other knowledge platforms
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Greater understanding of how MediaWiki is, and can be, used as a knowledge platform in intranet environments; Examine high profile MediaWiki deployments such as NASA's EVA Wiki Surface tools, resources, techniques and best practices for wikis in organizations large and small. Provide visibility into how organizations cope with the specific challenges of creating, nurturing and succeeding with their wiki projects.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- We've made repeated announcements on several WMF mailing lists, social media, and the Semantic MediaWiki site
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Hosting these videos on archive.org, commons, YouTube, Vimeo and other sites will give better visibility into how the MediaWiki software product can empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop knowledge resources. With professional quality video, the professional image of the product is improved.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of total participants: approx 40-50 with unlimited video reach
- Number of people who will help organize the event: Organizing committee of five
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group member Lex Sulzer is the program chair (but has been taking on the bulk of the general chair) along with Airy Magnien (UIC), and Clément Flipo.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- €950.40 ($1,047.62) - Video Equipment Rental
- €1,049.60 ($1,156.97) - Video Production Service
- €400.00 ($440.92) - VAT (Value Added Tax)
- Note: The total, €2,400.00 ($2,645.21), is above the rapid grant max ($2,000), however the overage is projected to nearly be covered by conference attendees.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!