Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- QRpedia is a wikipedia project that is going to provide information on various, museum and antiques, school, hospitals and Vodafone Ghana Music Awards using qr codes.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- The project would start from February 5, 2019 and ends on April 30,2019. We would be going to the central and western regions to get everything qr(ed) and ensure that when tourist, citizens and others want information about the historical artifacts, buildings , key events and many more would have to use the Qr scanners to open the wiki page which would provide enough content to them.
In other for this to be represented on Wikipedia we would gather information about the historical artifact, make contributions on them, give references for notability purposes and create their Qr codes and place it on it or beside it. We would finally end the journey in Accra where we would be creating Articles and improving articles of artists for the up and coming Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA ) 2019.
The reason for VGMA QR is because most of the audience who come for the event to enjoy the award ceremony more than often do not know some artist very well so this would give us Wikipedians the opportunity to provide them with that knowledge using Qr codes. We will have to partner with the organizers of the event in other for us to get free access to the event. We would be looking out for various artists who would be present at the event to get information from them and improve upon those articles which are under represented on Wikipedia and create new articles for those who are new but notable.
After we are done with the gathering of information on the artist a new article for the event would be created which would be Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2019. This page would be dedicated to the annual event which would consist of information about the event , venue, artist and their category and various links to their pages.
The QR codes would be created using qrpedia.com, copies would be placed at various vantage places at the event or when given the permission we can put it at the back of various sits in the event so that they can scan the codes which is just in front of them. We will also be tracking the number of people who are using the Qr codes(thus from the museums, castles, hospitals and the event) at the various notable places w we place the stickers.
We have an edit-a-thon in the month of April which is going to involve old and new recruited volunteers.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Through the community mailing list and social media platform (whatsapp, facebook and twitter)
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end of the project I would engage the volunteer who were part of the project through out mailing list and our social media platform.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Recruitment of new editors and updating the skills of old editors
- Number of articles created or improved 100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 100
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Items||Description||Quantity||Unit Price (¢)||Total (¢)|
|Transportation||To travel through three regions||2||1000||2000|
|Food||For the 11||11||400||440|
|Accommodation||Hotel accommodation for the period||2||2000||4000|
|Internet||Internet usage for the project period||1||1000||1000|
- I support this project of Qrpedia, this is very innovative (Richest Kid (talk) 01:47, 31 December 2018 (UTC))
- I support this project because it is an innovative way of getting people informed on entertainment and educational events happening in major cities in Ghana.Myraclera (talk) 13:41, 2 January 2019 (UTC)