Grants:Project/Rapid/Punjabi Wikimedians/Punjabi Wikisource Plan (November-December 2017)
This Wikimedia Foundation grant has a fiscal sponsor. The Centre for Internet and Society administered the grant on behalf of Punjabi Wikimedians User Group.
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The goal of this Punjabi Wikisource project is to
- recruit new Wikisourcers,
- train existing Wikisourcers and
- digitize works and integrate with Punjabi Wikisource
Punjabi Wikisource has low activity because there aren't many works available and this project will helping in eliminating this core reason for inactivity.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We will be digitizing and integrating works into Punjabi Wikisource. We will also organize 2 real-life events with specific focus on Punjabi Wikisource. We will be remunerating volunteers who will be digitizing the works.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Community has been notified on Punjabi Wikipedia village pump and discussions have taken place. Community members have expressed their interest to work on this project.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- After assessing progress, the next stage of the digitization work to improve Punjabi Wikisource will be planned and conducted. We will be doing follow-up meetups with new as well as existing Wikisourcers.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project: This project will be considered successful if
- 15 contributors with 10+ edits on Punjabi Wikisource per month
- 5 contributors with 100+ edits on Punjabi Wikisource per month
- 70 new books digitized and integrated onto Wikimedia Commons
- 5 new books proofread on Punjabi Wikisource at the end of the project
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Volunteer: Satdeep Gill (satdeepgill gmail.com)
CIS will be the fiscal sponsor for this grant.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Scanner - 45,000 INR
Remuneration for Scanning - Estimated 5,000 pages @ 40,000 INR
- Events - 10,000 INR (This includes travel reimbursements and refreshments for events)
- Miscellanous - 5,000 INR (This will be to support other ongoing activities of the group)
- Fiscal Sponsor - 6,000
Total - 66,000 INR (1,014 USD)