Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content on Professional Practice Firms in Nigeria
- Enhance and enlist the services of existing editors.
- Teach the participants how to construct link-data on Wikidata.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- There will be a series of edit-a-thon and trainings on Professional Practice Firms in Nigeria.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have shared notification with members of the Wikimedia Community in Nigeria see WUGN
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Social media outlets and physical gatherings will inform participants about the edit-a-thon.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, participants already have smartphones and laptops to participate actively.
• Throughout the session, experienced Wikimedians will be on hand to advise participants on how to generate and improve data on Wikidata, as well as other topics they will learn about Wikidata.
• The participants during the training will have access to the internet at the venue. 6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Because WhatsApp and Telegram are the most widely utilized platforms in Nigeria, participants will be onboarded to one of these services.
During the session, participants will be engaged/mentored on challenges connected to item development.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zbt7o6TELsblGWjIVLCijIwF4yCl92O5/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=104697874130476277676&rtpof=true&sd=true
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will update the data on Wikidata for Professional Practice Firms in Nigeria and introduce new editors to Wikidata.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 2
- Number of participants 25
- Number of new editors 7+
- Number of articles created or improved 100+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 15+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Osenibabalola0 Team lead and Project Cordinator
- Timmylegend an experienced Wikimedia Editor and Facilitator.
- Paul Bamidele will be facilitating training on Wikidata.
- Deegeetz an experienced Wikimedia Editor and Facilitator.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue for the events - $110 x 2 = $220
- Food & Drinks for two days- $220 x 2 = $440
- Souvenirs - $8 x 25 = $200
- Branded T-Shirts - $8 x 10 = $80
- Rentals (Projector & Camera) - $50 x 2 = $100
- Communications = $25
- Internet support for participants during the event = $200
- Internet support for team members = $200
- E-fliers & Branding = $53
- Hand Sanitizer & Nose masks = $30
- Local Travel - $15 x 4 = $60
- Prizes for top editors = $150
- Contingencies = $50
- Bank Charges = $45
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!