This is a sample application for movement strategy rapid grants!
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Encourage and coordinate community participation
e.g. facilitation support, data packages for internet
- Document important discussions related to implementing Movement Strategy
e.g. a dedicated note-taker
- Disseminate information about Movement Strategy recommendations and Transition events to the community
e.g. translating materials to and from local languages
- What community or communities will be involved in this movement strategy discussion(s)?
- This is an event organized to have movement strategy conversations and prioritization of the recommendations with the members of Wikimedians of the Shire Community User Group. It is open for all the Shire-folk to participate.
- How will you make sure everyone is invited?
- We will share the information about the event in our wiki, Signal group chat and via email to all the members of the organization.
- How will you document community discussion(s) and feedback? Who will be responsible for documenting ?
- We will create an Etherpad document to capture the notes from the conversation. FBaggins from the Wikimedians of the Shire Community User Group is responsible for documentation, all the participants of the meeting can contribute.
- What is your facilitation plan to support productive discussions? Please also provide a link to a Friendly Space Policy that will be implemented to support these discussions.
- We will hire a local professional facilitator to facilitate the conversations. We will refer all the participants to the Friendly Space Policy.
- If you are requesting funding for online tools or services to support participation, please describe these services and how they will be used. If not, please write N/A.
- Some participants need support for mobile data packages that will be provided to them via this grant.
- If you are translating movement strategy materials, in what languages? Who will be responsible for doing the translations? If not, please write N/A.
- We will not do any translations and will use the text in English.
- Are you running any in-person activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined in the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Once you have completed the risk assessment protocol, please contact email@example.com to confirm and finalize additional budget and logistical needs.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this event?
- Number of total participants: ~30
- Number of new participants: ~10
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 3
- Please note that you are required to fill in the template regarding the outcomes of the event that you can consult on meta or in Google Forms
You're invited to share any information you'd like, such as participant gender, age, project representation, editing experience, etc.
- Facilitation (facilitation time including facilitator preparation, meeting facilitation time, and debriefing): 5 hours x 50 USD/h = 250 USD
- Documentation (document preparation time, time spent documenting of discussion, post-meeting work): N/A
- Online tools or services (subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion): 5 x 15 USD = 75 USD
- Translation (translation costs for briefs and global materials): N/A
- Coordination (coordinator work to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare for meeting): N/A
- Other: N/A