Grants:Project/Rapid/Photowalk of tertiary educational institutions in Northern Ghana
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Tertiary educational institutions are much sort for by students when they complete Senior High Schools, they go to the internet to search for information about them in order to make the right choice of Tertiary educational institutions that they desire to attend but at the end they get scanty or no information at all about most of the schools. By embarking on this project we will:
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Upload photos to Wikimedia Commons and further use them to create Wikidata items of the various institutions.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- 5 photowalks will be embarked on, each walk will be to 2 institutions. I will recruit 5 professional photographers to embark on the project with.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The Walks will focus on architecture, Landscape, Monuments, Main entrances, Libraries and so on. This is to help wikipedians to be able to have different photos of these institutions to use on other Wikimedia projects.
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have posted it on the mailing lists of Wikimedia Ghana
4. How will you let participants know about the photowalk? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Participants will be informed through WhatsApp and phone calls.
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- After the all the photowalks we will have the upload sessions which will be ended by using the photos on wikidata items of the institutions that we will be working on.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- All participants in this project are professional photographers, they are new to Wikimedia projects hence will be taking through training to be able contribute to the project.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The project will increase the visibility of Tertiary Educational Institutions in the northern part of Ghana on the internet.
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants=5
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons=400
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects=30% of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons under this project.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- A camera and 1 laptop computer.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transportation of participants $20 X 5 X 5 = $500
- Laptops will be rented to support the photo upload session: $17 X 4 = $68
- Food and Drink during each of the Photowalk $15 X 5 X 10 = $750
- Renting of 4 cameras $80 X 4 = $240
- Internet support for the participants during upload sessions $20 X 10 = $200
- Branded Shirts $20 X 10 = $200
- Miscellaneous = $50
- Total amount(USD)= 2,318.81
- Total amount(GHS)= 14,481.6
- USD1 = GHS 6.09504 based on Oando exchange rate (15 December 2021)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!