Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To add freely licensed and quality images of built heritage of the Philippines to Wikimedia Commons
- To create awareness about contributing media contents to Wikipedia and its sister projects
- To create awareness about Wiki Loves Monuments winners through the years
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
The contest will focus on quality images of built heritage in the Philippines, which will be contributed to Wikimedia Commons. The competition is important because it will help raise awareness about Wikimedia Commons and Wikipedia in the Philippines.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Contest landing page on Commons
- Social media promotion
- Central Notice (global banner)
- Word of mouth
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
We will have a jury composed of people from the Wikimedia community and professional photographers. Prizes will be in term of money. The jury will determine the winners of the local contest taking into consideration the following criteria:
- Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective etc.);
- Originality and creativity;
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
We will utilize those uploaded resources in Wikimedia projects by communicating to contributors through e-mail or talk page.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100
- 1 USD = PHP 49.09 (as of August 1, 2020 according to www.oanda.com)
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (PHP)||Total (PHP)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Social media promotion||1||PHP||USD||Sponsored posts to reach wider audience|
|3||Streamyard subscription||PHP||USD||Streamyard subscription|
|4||Internet||internet data||PHP||USD||Livestreaming and monitoring of activities|
|5||Wikipedia pens||PHP||USD||Wikipedia merchandize (shipping fee and delivery charge included) for the winners, and jury members, and future outreach give aways|
|6||Courier||PHP||USD||Sending of certificates, merchandize and 2021 Calendar|
|7||A3 double-sided photopaper||4||packs||PHP||USD||2021 Calendar featuring Wiki Loves Monuments winners through the years|
|9||Sliding cutter||set||PHP||USD||mass production|
|10||Accounting fee and bookkeeping||PHP||USD|
|11||Contengency||USD||Organizing and unexpected expenses|
|Total: PHP (USD)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!