Grants:Project/Rapid/OtuNwachinemere/Introduction of Wikipedia to Baze University Abuja
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Improve awareness about Wikipedia
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of trainings/editathon
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed the Nigerian community here.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- The University has committed to supply participating students and staff. After the training, we will collate all contact information into a mailing list and a Whatsapp group for future communications and mentorships.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, they have the equipment. The training aims to furnish them with the required skill and future mentorships.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Whatsapp and Google meet
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Here is the link
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This a follow up project and was requested by the subject institution.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 2
- Number of participants - 30
- Number of new editors - 20+
- Number of of articles created or improved - 10
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- A comfortable venue, electricity and computers will be provided by the University.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Internet (Bundle + Router) - $110
- Local transport - $85
- Food for participants - $300 X 2days - $600
- Food for facilitators (2 days) - $50
- Accommodation - $35 X 2 X 2days = $140
- Merch & Swag (Stickers and Shirts) - $100 (for facilitators and participants)
- Participant packs - $130
- Publicity (fliers and banner) - $45
- Hand sanitisers & Nose masks - $55
- Certificates - $70
- Miscellaneous - 30
Total = $1415
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!