Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Promote integration between Wikidata and other Wikimedia projects
- Increase content on Nigerian female politicians on wikidata
- Recruit new editors
- Teach new volunteers how to edit and add content in Wikidata
- Increase skills for existing editors on wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of online editathons and trainings
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Through all the social media handles
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- I am an experienced editor who will be the the lead organizer. i will also be working with other experienced editors including Obihoja
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most have but for those that do not an alternative arrangement has been put in place to accommodate them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Telegram, whatsapp
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This will be an online exercise. There will be zoom meetings for participants before the exercise commence and throughout the exercise. The meetings will be used to train them on how to edit and add content on Wikidata. it will also be used during each session of the editathon to guide each participant and resolve any challenges editors may encounter.
- This proposed project will help deepen the knowledge of wikidata and its potentialities to participants plus improve Wikidata's participation in my community
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 5
- Number of participants 35(7 persons per event)
- Number of new editors 5
- Number of articles created or improved 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)= 7
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have at least 2 editors in addition to my self willing to give a talk and organise the practical training. They will be present in all editions of the event to assist in the Proposed Project
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Payment for Zoom -$15 x 4 months = $60
- Data for participants $20 x 7 x 5 = $700
- Sovernier for participants $30 x 15 = $450
- Miscellaneous =$200
- Total $1410.00
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support: i think that more work should be done to input more Nigerian female politicians in wikidata. i will also be happy to participate Obihoja (talk) 12:59, 7 July 2020 (UTC)
- this proposal will improve the presence of Nigerian female politician on wiki. A lot of women has made great contribution in shaping Nigerian political climate but are not visible. we always talk about men. i support this project. Chuks Zilo (talk) 11:24, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- i support this proposal. i will also participate Otubo mmadu (talk) 16:53, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- i support this effort of increasing women politicians presence in wikidata Audu king (talk) 18:15, 23 July 2020 (UTC)